Everton, fan tokens and cryptocurrency

Status
Not open for further replies.
the free ones are worthless,you cant trade them!
That's where you're wrong, I've just got my free one for being a STH, I added it to my Socios wallet to claim my "opportunity to earn VIP real-life experiences", and within 5 minutes, received a phone call from Usmanov inviting me to an all-inclusive 'charlie party' on his mega yacht in Monaco next month.

That's where you're wrong, I've just got my free one for being a STH, I added it to my Socios wallet to claim my "opportunity to earn VIP real-life experiences", and within 5 minutes, received a phone call from Usmanov inviting me to an all-inclusive 'charlie party' on his mega yacht in Monaco next month.
funny i got the same but they wanted my bank details to secure my place!

Can someone offer a quick explainer using small words? Assume I'm an arlarse with hearing loss due to hair coming out of my ears.

What is someone purchasing when they buy a Socios/Everton token?
Who are they buying it from?
Who can they sell it to?
What does EFC gain from this?

For anyone who thinks Blockchain is pure speculation.................

For example, digital wallets could verify identity and eliminate fraud by putting our identities on the blockchain. Everybody knows identity theft is a huge problem right now. Blockchain can solve it instantly.

In fact, we could register not only our IDs on the blockchain… but also our driver’s licenses… passports… voter registration… and hunting and fishing licenses. They all could be attached to a digital ID on the blockchain. It’s silly we are still issuing pieces of paper for these things.

What’s more, we could link registration for various government services to the digital ID. Think Social Security… Medicare… or Medicaid.

In this way, we could eliminate all the fraud and corruption.

And this technology will also impact the ways we do business and transact together. Consider smart contracts. These are digital contracts that automatically execute whenever certain conditions are met.

Smart contracts could simplify the process of buying a home. It takes months to close and costs thousands of dollars in fees.

Smart contracts can automate these processes and get rid of the third parties. That would speed up the process and drive down fees.

Imagine purchasing a home in 24 hours… and paying at least 80% less in transaction fees.

And on a larger scale, blockchain can also aid supply chain management for businesses. In the pharmaceutical industry, for example, blockchain would enable us to track drugs from manufacturing… to containerization… to the distribution center… to the pharmacy… and ultimately to the patient with a doctor’s prescription.

This kind of tracking from the point of manufacture to a patient can ensure that the supply chain is secure. And pharmaceutical companies can easily demonstrate compliance with a regulated substance like opioid-based painkillers.

And these are just a few of the ways blockchain technology will change the world around us…

Nice, someone can look up my medical history and bank account on the blockchain.

Do ST holders get any for free ?

Is it involves doing much, not sure if arsed though.
Yes. I received an email this morning from EFC with a token code.

Took me literally 5 mins to download the app and register the token. Requires you submit your email and phone number. Didn’t ask for name or any other personal details.

I have literally no idea what it is mind.

The Esk has been busy again.

Having already commented on the the links between Socios and a number of top level clubs in Europe and the Premier League, with Everton launching their 'fan token' scheme, he looks hard again at the nature of the scheme and the mechanics behind it.

The world of crypto-currency is not for the faint-hearted as values can and tend, to say the least, be volatile... and he suggests fans tread cautiously before committing.

Socios sounds like beanie babies for incels. (Chico no doubt all over this.)

Did anyone buy one?

Don't know anyone myself.
Haven't bought any Everton ones (yet), but did get some of my local team Fortuna Sittard. We were the first, and thus far only Dutch club that signed up with socios.

Invested a total of €100. Tbf, don't really care if the price goes up or down. Not bought it, expecting to make any money out of it, but much rather out of sentiments and emotional attachment. Gave my club a bit of a quick and easy cash boost.

All just a bit of fun for me. Wouldn't spend money that I couldn't really afford to spend on it though. See it much more like some people spending money on a replica kit or merchandise. As I'm not really into that.

Not expecting to become a billionaire here. If so, I promise you I'll pay for all costs maintaining GOT.

That being said, my sceptical view is that unnamed people (I.E a certain Russian gentleman) will buy a huge number of these and thus drive commercial revenue up. As it's very hard to trade (the anonymity of cryptos being a big plus) it will be very difficult for football authorities to detect. I mean Crypto currency in general is the perfect laundering tool. Those within the criminal fraternity certainly see it as such.

This is the most reasonable explanation and I still don't like it. What is this, 500,000 tokens offered at £2 each? Assuming EFC gets half, that's a sponsorship of only £500,000 by the big man. Seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors when they can simply renegotiate the USM deal for greater return with less resistance.

Can someone offer a quick explainer using small words? Assume I'm an arlarse with hearing loss due to hair coming out of my ears.

What is someone purchasing when they buy a Socios/Everton token?
Who are they buying it from?
Who can they sell it to?
What does EFC gain from this?
ill try
a digital token.
socios.
socios.
a cut (unknown) in using the name for publicity.

there is a q&a on evertons website (for what its worth)
usmanov wouldnt mess around with this nonsense,
there are far better ways to launder money than this crap,if thats what someone wanted to do!

ill try
a digital token.
socios.
socios.
a cut (unknown) in using the name for publicity.

there is a q&a on evertons website (for what its worth)
usmanov wouldnt mess around with this nonsense,
there are far better ways to launder money than this crap,if thats what someone wanted to do!

Pay to play internet forum? Where's the Socios money D&D?

Status
Not open for further replies.