Everton, fan tokens and cryptocurrency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. A guy got caught after a $72,000 USD digital heist.

This is a moment that your grandchildren will ask you about.

A friend of mine is buying 15 acres on Monday in an obscure South American country, All the USD bills will be photocopied and saved on secure servers before the seller will accept the consideration. And some pimply prick got done for $72,000?

The future of global business is blockchain.

Except what doesn't? This article proves nothing.

BTC is only pseudo anonymous, most exchanges require KYC and know exactly who you are, coupled with the fact it is a PUBLIC blockchain so every transaction ever is visible.

This is all the tool, antianalysis is, it just checks if certain wallets or BTC has ever been linked to a hack or a nefarious purchase. It is actually a good thing, do you know people pay a premium for BTC that has just been mined and has not gone through anyone elses wallets.

I feel like most of the people who are anti crypto are just ignorant, you know just enough to find an article you think proves a point, but not enough to actually make a coherent point.

It's not a bad thing to not know what you are talking about provided you are open to learning, but you come along screaming scam and this and that when in reality you are cluess.
Except it doesn't eliminate fraud is the point I was making. The bit of the article that I am referring to is that criminals can now use the Blockchain to establish how traceable it is or use other cryptocurrencies that can't be traced as easily. It is the complete opposite of stopping fraud, as it is a useful enabler.

we shouldnt have any sponsors in case its a scam,
i bought a tin of hafnia chopped pork once and it had gone off!
Doing some basic research about the company that you are dealing with would be a start, and cancelling the deal when news stories start about the people you have gone into business with would have been advisable.

But to keep the videos on YouTube of the club and Elstone promoting the business when it was evident that the company was a fraud is pretty unforgivable.

Except it doesn't eliminate fraud is the point I was making. The bit of the article that I am referring to is that criminals can now use the Blockchain to establish how traceable it is or use other cryptocurrencies that can't be traced as easily. It is the complete opposite of stopping fraud, as it is a useful enabler.
Ok but 2FA authentication and online banking apps still can't prevent fraud no matter how hard they try.

Yes you can use Monero and other methods to make yourself more anonymous, but privacy is not always a bad thing, yes it can be used by bad actors but what about people who simply wish to remain anonymous?

Also, as crypto is supposed to be decentralised with no middlemen it's not the duty of 'the blockchain' to stop fraud, it's on the users, that's the whole point.

Cash is more anonymous than any method used to hide yourself on the blockchain

Doing some basic research about the company that you are dealing with would be a start, and cancelling the deal when news stories start about the people you have gone into business with would have been advisable.

But to keep the videos on YouTube of the club and Elstone promoting the business when it was evident that the company was a fraud is pretty unforgivable.
Terrible mate but if you make financial decisions based on the sponsors of the football team you support, you only have yourself to blame!

Terrible mate but if you make financial decisions based on the sponsors of the football team you support, you only have yourself to blame!
Think you are misunderstanding the scam. They used Everton, Espanyol and Fulham's names to give them legitimacy and to scam people in China for their life savings. The club, at least partly, were complicit in this.

Messi took part of his fee in PSG tokens
Everton will soon be up there with the elite
It's sick
Get down with the kids

The club should stick to FIAT currencies. There are certainly a few passengers in this squad...

(Gets coat... Apologises... Leaves...)

The Esk has been busy again.

Having already commented on the the links between Socios and a number of top level clubs in Europe and the Premier League, with Everton launching their 'fan token' scheme, he looks hard again at the nature of the scheme and the mechanics behind it.

The world of crypto-currency is not for the faint-hearted as values can and tend, to say the least, be volatile... and he suggests fans tread cautiously before committing.

what a privileged thing to say!
try telling that to people in countries like el salvador and nigeria with no access to bank accounts that use crypto for remittances because the present financial system wont let them in unless they get ripped off by western union!
Ah, Western Union. More fraudsters choose this than crypto. I see it every single day.

The fact that people don't have bank accounts doesn't mean they'll use crypto currencies.

Until crypto currencies fundamentally change some key aspects of how they operate; irreversible transactions and no regulation being the obvious ones, then they will never become mainstream.

I'm personally still convinced it is a global scam, due to the regularity that millions of £s are stolen by "hackers".

Millions and millions of dollars are stolen via online card payments every single day. If you are tricked into sending a bank transfer to a fraudster your money is lost forever. I'm not a crypto investor but the problems highlighted already exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.