Everton, fan tokens and cryptocurrency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coz the world needs energy being wasted on nonsense so people can make a buck.

You know the newly emerging ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) market? I only heard of it recently personally. ESG scores are going to be a requirement for many public companies going forward.

One aspect of it is that companies can buy certificates from other companies who work to offset carbon. Basically it will apply the same market force (capitalism) to the problem of energy that has us in this mess in the first place.

Of course, the problem with capitalism is that if there's money to be made somewhere it will be made. The carbon offset market risks being another sub-prime market where the same credits are sold again and again and again, with little transparency

Cryptocurrency can solve that problem. On chains that require 1/1000000 the energy of Bitcoin.

It'll be very very useful to the planet. Don't knock it.

Can this crypto fella play right back.....and what’s his xG?
If the answers are ‘no’ and < 0.7 then I’m with Connor.....it’s a scam.

Eoin_McLove (1).jpg

Coz the world needs energy being wasted on nonsense so people can make a buck.
Do you know the energy use of millions of banking computers and servers being left on 24/7? The carbon footprint of all those employees travelling to and from work? The greenhouse effect from air conditioning units cooling human workers and server rooms? Billions of atms endlessly drawing power. The environmental cost of minting fiat currency (manufacture of, including raw materials). I hate all this "MINING KILLS THE EARTH" bs. Crypto is moving from proof of work (mining) to proof of stake (validation) in an proactive move to reduce/eliminate crypto mining. You're generic energy waste statement is quite frankly, uneducated guess work at best.

You know the newly emerging ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) market? I only heard of it recently personally. ESG scores are going to be a requirement for many public companies going forward.

One aspect of it is that companies can buy certificates from other companies who work to offset carbon. Basically it will apply the same market force (capitalism) to the problem of energy that has us in this mess in the first place.

Of course, the problem with capitalism is that if there's money to be made somewhere it will be made. The carbon offset market risks being another sub-prime market where the same credits are sold again and again and again, with little transparency

Cryptocurrency can solve that problem. On chains that require 1/1000000 the energy of Bitcoin.

It'll be very very useful to the planet. Don't knock it.
At last a smart answer.

They offered me a few quid to promote that in its early days. They were looking for authenticity. No chance could we do that in good conscience.

Then clubs started to endorse it - Nottingham Forest etc had it as their shirt sponsor.

They kept coming back asking us to promote it. No chance.

Personally don't think football clubs should be allowed to endorse stuff like this. It should be illegal IMO.

A lot of people have lost a lot of money with it too. I put a couple of hundred in, found out it was not FCA regulated and never put a penny more in after that.

That would be my attitude on most of these things. Unless you have FCA regulatory support, on put in what you would be happy to lose.

A lot of people have lost a lot of money with it too. I put a couple of hundred in, found out it was not FCA regulated and never put a penny more in after that.

That would be my attitude on most of these things. Unless you have FCA regulatory support, on put in what you would be happy to lose.
thats the whole point of bitcoin,its decentralised finance,
blockchain was invented to seperate nations and governments from money!

Status
Not open for further replies.