• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scenario for you lot, how would you feel one week from today when the following has happened

Spurs beat West Ham on Saturday lunchtime
United beat Sunderland Saturday afternoon
We lose to City Saturday night
United beat Hull next Tuesday

We suddenly drop to 6th, with only goal difference separating United, us and Spurs going into the final day. United have Southampton away, we are at a Hull side playing for cup final places and Spurs face a Villa side who could be in a relegation fight. We [Poor language removed] up against Hull and the other two win, we drop to 7th and are left sweating on the cup final result to see if we get into Europe while our beloved neighbours still win the title, would anyone be happy then?

7th won't get EL now. Hull are in even if Arsenal beat them.

Me?

I'll take my chances at Hull.

We have had a glimpse of how they will behave if they win it and it is like sommat out of Dante.

7th won't get EL now. Hull are in even if Arsenal beat them.

Me?

I'll take my chances at Hull.

We have had a glimpse of how they will behave if they win it and it is like sommat out of Dante.

I think we'll definitely beat Hull reserves + Jela and Long and although I'd never stick up for us to lose I've seen last week what it'll be like if they win the title and that's before they've won it.

I'd take 1 point right now, given Cl has slipped away from us, but City at home and Hull away are fixtures I can't see us not winning. Think we'll get all 6.

Normally I would agree mate. But the likely team/squad for Saturday, plus no Barry, makes me think maybe not.

Heres hoping though. City might bottle it of course.

...I don't want the reds to win the title, I really, really don't. Where I had no hope on Sunday morning, I have hope now. Being honest, I don't want that situation to change come Saturday evening.

hi guys city fan here in peace, hope you dont mind me dropping in unannounced, fascinating thread we were in a very similar situation to you around 92 when if we beat leeds it would have virtually handed the title to united, we did win that game 4-1 however united blew it on the last day, i wanted us to lose and remember getting back to the pub after the game thinking wtf have we done its really not a nice feeling, anyway on to sat and i must admit i'm not looking forward to this one, being from the older generation of fans i cant lose that city self destruction tag that we had, it could go either way on the day but im sure it will be a cracking game,i can see me locking myself in the garden shed for the 90 minutes then having a peep on flash scores, enjoy the rest of the season chaps and if you dont make the CL im sure you will next season

hi guys city fan here in peace, hope you dont mind me dropping in unannounced, fascinating thread we were in a very similar situation to you around 92 when if we beat leeds it would have virtually handed the title to united, we did win that game 4-1 however united blew it on the last day, i wanted us to lose and remember getting back to the pub after the game thinking wtf have we done its really not a nice feeling, anyway on to sat and i must admit i'm not looking forward to this one, being from the older generation of fans i cant lose that city self destruction tag that we had, it could go either way on the day but im sure it will be a cracking game,i can see me locking myself in the garden shed for the 90 minutes then having a peep on flash scores, enjoy the rest of the season chaps and if you dont make the CL im sure you will next season

Come on citeeeh

Welcome mate. As you can see, we have an awkward dilemma!

Welcome mate!

It's hard going into a game like this. I never want my team to lose but at the same time a loss here wouldn't ruin my week like others have :)

yeah see it all the time haha, don't the forum moderators remove it lol?

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/t...-intercourse-with-a-pasty.66152/#post-2614316
That's the full thread.

Back on topic, not the chocolate bar!
http://www.bluearrow.co.uk/jobs/Pag...t-England-Steward-LIVFC1245.aspx#.U1_LMld7SVE

Please City or Chelsea win the league. My Saturday will consist of getting tanked up on Boddingtons and singing along to my Oasis collection.

BLUE MOON YOU SAW ME STANDING ALONE, WITHOUT A HEART OF MY OWN BLUEMOON

That's what I think it is anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.