Everton Carabao Cup 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful what you wish for. I remember how lucky we were in the Tony Hibbert final. That could have been a 10 nil job against us, luckily enough big Louis
scored early on. Chelsea were so much stronger than us and Moyes sent us into our shell. Only a few months later in the league Arsenal beat us 6-1 at
Goodison, this was embarrassing enough, but imagine a 6-1 at Wembley........because there's a few teams still in this comp that can roast our arses at
Wembley, Heavan Forbid! Our manager has the look of a scared man, and so he should have.

It’s an interesting one as he’s playing a young keeper tonight as well as Jones Elliott etc
What would he do if he draws us. I actually think he’d stick the same team. Lose and it’s expected. Win and their reserves have just beaten us.
I hope we draw anyone at all bar them it’s just got nightmare all over it

I would much rather play Liverpool once at home in the next round than over two legs in the semi's.
The way I see it is that there are 4 teams we'd hope to avoid: City, Leicester, Chelsea, Liverpool (Two of which aren't guaranteed to be in the draw)
The rest I think we would beat.

Be careful what you wish for. I remember how lucky we were in the Tony Hibbert final. That could have been a 10 nil job against us, luckily enough big Louis
scored early on. Chelsea were so much stronger than us and Moyes sent us into our shell. Only a few months later in the league Arsenal beat us 6-1 at
Goodison, this was embarrassing enough, but imagine a 6-1 at Wembley........because there's a few teams still in this comp that can roast our arses at
Wembley, Heavan Forbid! Our manager has the look of a scared man, and so he should have.

What a load of nonsense. Chelsea had been a last minute kick away from beating probably the greatest club side of all time that season over 2 legs. They were one of the top sides in Europe and were at full strength whilst we had Arteta Yakubu Jagielka and Anichebe missing basically the spine of our team. Despite this we managed to land a few blows on them and only succumbed thanks to a Howard error.

Moyes gave us a chance to win that final against all odds. Going gung ho against that Chelsea team would have resulted in a 6-1. Him trying to contain them so his half a team had a chance to win a cup was just sensible. It didn’t work but in reality it was the only approach that might have worked. I don’t know what planet some fans are on when they expected a team without its best players to be taking the game to a team who only a couple of weeks before had absolutely manhandled the likes of Iniesta Messi and Xavi in their primes. Utterly ridiculous revisionism.

What a load of nonsense. Chelsea had been a last minute kick away from beating probably the greatest club side of all time that season over 2 legs. They were one of the top sides in Europe and were at full strength whilst we had Arteta Yakubu Jagielka and Anichebe missing basically the spine of our team. Despite this we managed to land a few blows on them and only succumbed thanks to a Howard error.

Moyes gave us a chance to win that final against all odds. Going gung ho against that Chelsea team would have resulted in a 6-1. Him trying to contain them so his half a team had a chance to win a cup was just sensible. It didn’t work but in reality it was the only approach that might have worked. I don’t know what planet some fans are on when they expected a team without its best players to be taking the game to a team who only a couple of weeks before had absolutely manhandled the likes of Iniesta Messi and Xavi in their primes. Utterly ridiculous revisionism.
If you think my post is rubbish did you read yours?, the spine you talk about Howard, Jagielka & Anichebe weren't even good enough to grace the
Vauxhall Conference, Yakubu was a game in 5 , and Arteta was and probably still is a spineless Judas. And for you to mention Messi, Xavi or Iniesta
in the same post, well really!

If you think my post is rubbish did you read yours?, the spine you talk about Howard, Jagielka & Anichebe weren't even good enough to grace the
Vauxhall Conference, Yakubu was a game in 5 , and Arteta was and probably still is a spineless Judas. And for you to mention Messi, Xavi or Iniesta

What are you going on about? Jagielka was up with the best defenders in the league before his injury in 2009, Yakubu had hit 20 the season before for us. Any team would have felt that loss. Your criticism of Arteta is mind blowing, he gave us his best years and then even after only being half the player he was after his injury he still walked into Arsenals first team as captain.

Any team would have missed these players. Imagine the outcome of the game is Chelsea didn’t have Terry Lampard and Drogba and we had those players fit? I’ve not compared them to Barca’s players anywhere, I’m simply saying that Everton fans expected our injury hit team in the cup final to do something that the greatest Barca team of all time couldn’t manage over 2 legs v Chelsea and when assessing the reasons that we couldn’t aren’t able to look past ‘Moyes was too negative’.

Nothing about the gaping quality gap between the teams, nothing about the injuries that widened that gap further, nothing about if Osman had finished better and Howard hadn’t messed up we probably would have won it. No, it’s just the oh so simple ‘Moyes bottled it lad, knife to a gun fight’.

The absolute sewer stream of managers who I’ve followed just shows that you can say what you want about guns to a gun fight in press conferences but it doesn’t stop you being utterly outclassed. Moyes was a league above any of the managers we’ve had since by an absolute mile.

I would much rather play Liverpool once at home in the next round than over two legs in the semi's.
The way I see it is that there are 4 teams we'd hope to avoid: City, Leicester, Chelsea, Liverpool (Two of which aren't guaranteed to be in the draw)
The rest I think we would beat.
I agree. If we don't get Oxford or Colchester, I'd be happy with Man Utd or Arsenal at home (if they progress). I think those fixtures are our best opportunity to get to the SF.

I hope we get one of the big boys at home.
Lights on, crowd behind the team
If we get Colchester or Oxford we would probably lose

Most confusing post I've ever read on here.

We'd be better off playing Oxford or Colchester in semi final over two legs and getting someone tough in a one off quarter final. Although I'd still be very happy with Colchester away in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.