Everton Carabao Cup 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everybody's attitude would be completely different if we were in that position. The price of success isn't it. The FCWC should not interfere with domestic league/cup football, in my opinion.
No I agree, the CWC is a joke competition, everyone knows it. It doesn't serve any purpose but it exists, and they're in it, as they've known they will be for some time. There'll be advertising revenue in it and Liverpool are happy to chase the cash so they'll send a strong side. That's their call. Their fans say every year they're not bothered about the league cup, and if we win it they'll laugh and say it's not a real competition, but this situation gives them something to moan about and they love that so they're making a massive deal of how unfair it is.

No I agree, the CWC is a joke competition, everyone knows it. It doesn't serve any purpose but it exists, and they're in it, as they've known they will be for some time. There'll be advertising revenue in it and Liverpool are happy to chase the cash so they'll send a strong side. That's their call. Their fans say every year they're not bothered about the league cup, and if we win it they'll laugh and say it's not a real competition, but this situation gives them something to moan about and they love that so they're making a massive deal of how unfair it is.

I know what you're saying. I'm trying to leave who it is aside and focus on the situation and I think it needs looking at. If lol we ever get there, we'd all be kicking off about the congestion.

I know what you're saying. I'm trying to leave who it is aside and focus on the situation and I think it needs looking at. If lol we ever get there, we'd all be kicking off about the congestion.
Genuinely I wouldn't. I really hope we win this cup but I can honestly say if we were reigning Champions League holders and 5 points (?) clear at the top of the league, it wouldn't even be on my radar and i'd be quite content for us to have eased off at 5-4 down to Arsenal to go out and make this problem go away. Again, i'm not trying to say that's ideal but it's nothing to do with it being Liverpool, I just don't think it's a massive drama.

Prem game could just be postponed and played later in the year, simple as that.

Reality is it wont matter as he will just do what he has done all the time, play a reserve side in the cup.

Prem game could just be postponed and played later in the year, simple as that.

Reality is it wont matter as he will just do what he has done all the time, play a reserve side in the cup.

My points aren't about LFC, forget LFC. Why should a Premier League game be moved. FIFA are the ones imposing on the season.

Biggest game for years, surprised Leicester didn't take their 6000 allocation, considering they sold 2500 in the first couple of days. I didn't realise but Leicester play City 3 days after our game which can only be a positive. I hope we rest the whole first team the Saturday before

A win in this completion elevates our sleeping giant of a club from the out-house to the penthouse. We shall dine once again at the game’s top table. It is actually bigger...much bigger, than any other competition, hitherto and, might I suggest, henceforth.
In a 1000 years future, even if we’re still in contention for finishing 7th in that year’s league, legions of football fans will look back on our 2021 Carabao Cup exploits and say “this was their finest hour”

NSNO

Status
Not open for further replies.