Homepage Update: Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly hope so. IMO we've dropped about 8/9 points so far because we have no attacking cutting edge. We could and should be top 5/6 now.

Disagree dave we dropped points at arsenal because of our strikers , 2 dropped at Bournemouth , wolves , Westham were all because of our defence , manu was ref and could argue arsenal that offside goal killed the game for us

They did and they have started now to look up again. We were the best of the rest but for a myriad of reasons (which I know you don't agree to) that changed and they include Martinez taking us back steps and other teams not performing and City and Spurs adding to that 5.

I think we will be respected far more over the next few years than we ever were back then.
I think we have an excellent young manager. As long as he's giben the bullets to fire we should regain lost ground. Which is part of the reason that this thread has resurfaced.

Before Usmanov rocked up Martinez has us in the bottom half of the table for two seasons on the spin.

He's not the messiah, but he's not a very naughty boy either.

Time will tell, try having an open mind.

His managerial appointments with Koeman and Alardyce (and then the way he went about getting Silva in); his continued failure to move the stadium scheme forward in terms of funding; and his failure to appoint a big beast to run the club on a day to day basis have been alarming. The governance of Everton comes down to his decisions. I dont trust them. He looks out of his depth in the football industry.

His managerial appointments with Koeman and Alardyce (and then the way he went about getting Silva in); his continued failure to move the stadium scheme forward in terms of funding; and his failure to appoint a big beast to run the club on a day to day basis have been alarming. The governance of Everton comes down to his decisions. I dont trust them. He looks out of his depth in the football industry.

He's been guilty of going for flavour of the month. Koeman and Walsh.

That shows his, what i think, lack of understanding of the game. See his bizarre Sissoko/McCarthy comments.

He's been guilty of over egging the fanbase with some OTT comments.

For me, the biggest question marks is around how stale the boardroom shakeup has been. That being there has been none.

All that said, it's still very early days. Time will tell and I'm not convinced he's deserving of the criticism you're giving him.

He's rectified his 'mistakes' very quickly, and that's significant.

Allardyce appointment was disgusting, and I dont think I'm being dramatic in saying that, but his saving grace is his pursuit of Silva. It tells you Allardyce was the only option on an interim basis, really - as Unsworth looked out of his depth.

It also tells you Moshiri isn't short term in his thinking, if he never went back for Silva after the length he went to in the first place I'd have been very alarmed.

I'm rambling now.

Status
Not open for further replies.