everton bloke at turf moor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyaclaret

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
I just wondered after over 60 years if you would mind me posting this note on your site. As a life long Burnley fan I can remember well before the Bob Lord stand and the stand opposite the cricket ground was built and well before the segregation of fans took place I was a young kid trudging through the mud with my pal after a first division match with Everton,incidetally I dont even remember the score. My pal and I both saved football programmes and I happened to tell him that the only one I didnt have was one from Goodison Park. This casual conversation was heard by an Everton supporter who I didnt know from Adam. He stopped me and asked for my name and address which I duly gave him. Two days later through my letterbox came an Everton football program. From that day to this my second team has always been Everton. Just a tiny bit of information which could have relevance. Good Luck Everton, Tony

Nice one.

We have a saying in these part. "Everton that". It is usually because of a typical cock up or a weird series of events being bad news for the club.

But not always. Your post is also "Everton that". Good luck next season.

Nice story....If you had a programme for my first match Burnley 3-Everton 1 March 1974 as a general repayment of Evertonians I'll give you my address 😉

Known a few decent Burnley supporters over the years. Hopefully we'll be up there to play you next season
Just checked and I've got one mate. You're more than welcome to it. Drop me a PM and I'll post it out to you tomorrow. ;)

I just wondered after over 60 years if you would mind me posting this note on your site. As a life long Burnley fan I can remember well before the Bob Lord stand and the stand opposite the cricket ground was built and well before the segregation of fans took place I was a young kid trudging through the mud with my pal after a first division match with Everton,incidetally I dont even remember the score. My pal and I both saved football programmes and I happened to tell him that the only one I didnt have was one from Goodison Park. This casual conversation was heard by an Everton supporter who I didnt know from Adam. He stopped me and asked for my name and address which I duly gave him. Two days later through my letterbox came an Everton football program. From that day to this my second team has always been Everton. Just a tiny bit of information which could have relevance. Good Luck Everton, Tony

we’re everton still crap?
nice post mate

Status
Not open for further replies.