Everton and VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

The same thing happened about ten years ago. I said then that we'd be awarded a penalty in a game which we were winning anyway before the season's end. As it happened, our only penalty that season came late on in our final match, when we were 2 - 1 up V Newcastle at home. I think the Yak scored it.

Expect us to be awarded one in a meaningless game in which we're leading.

The same thing happened about ten years ago. I said then that we'd be awarded a penalty in a game which we were winning anyway before the season's end. As it happened, our only penalty that season came late on in our final match, when we were 2 - 1 up V Newcastle at home. I think the Yak scored it.

Expect us to be awarded one in a meaningless game in which we're leading.

This. When we have zero chance of getting in Europe or effecting any of the top sixes chances of doing anything.

John Terry scored from about 5 yards offside.

McFadden got one incorrectly ruled out.

Newcastle scored a ludicrously offside goal against us a few years ago as did Arsenal fairly recently.

I don't really have a point except to say i do remember the bad decisions ha.

The Terry one was about 7 mins into added time as well. The ref just played till they scored lol

So have the rules around handball changed again then what with them allowing that Burnley goal? Or is it that the VAR referee less senior to that idiot Moss and so won't overrule him?

So have the rules around handball changed again then what with them allowing that Burnley goal? Or is it that the VAR referee less senior to that idiot Moss and so won't overrule him?

I'm assuming it's cause he didn't score or create a goalscoring opportunity directly after it touched his arm, he controlled it then crossed it, then it was cleared, then a shot was taken, that was saved and then a goal was scored.

No doubt there's been incidents where a similar sequence has took place and they did penalise it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.