Everton and Chelsea Charged - Ivanovic let off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a rule were only the captain can talk to the ref and you get booked for complaining or arguing that a player should get booked. The ammount of chelsea player kicking off about barry getting a red was a joke

Shouldn't need a rule.

The moment the ref blew his whistle our guys should have started organising themselves to defend the free kick instead of breaking their concentration at a crucial time and just let Barry walk.

They do that, McCarthy isn't anywhere near the vicinity of Ivanovic and no card us issued to him and we aren't having this pointless argument in favour of retrospectively punishing a player whose absence in three games cannot possibly do us any good and just might put us at a disadvantage.

Sorry mate think you are misreading this.
I'm not arsed who Chelsea play,its up to us & us alone to get out of this predicament.
We shouldnt be relying on anyone but ourselves.
Change Ivanovic for Gerrard in that situation would you feel the same "lets not get on Stevie Me's case he might help us out when Liverpool play our rivals"
Its a sorry state when a player assaults one of ours only for us to keep stum & hope he can do us a favour or two....not for me mate.
We shouldn't be, no... but given how poor we've been this season, and the fact that like it or not, we're only 5pts above the bottom 3, I'll take any edge I can get from here on out to ensure that nothing utterly catastrophic happens to my club, rather than hoping for a bit of "revenge" from someone getting banned when it'll have no positive effect on us.

As I said, it's plainly obvious that Ivanovic should have been sent off for what he did. And I wish he had been, since that would have helped US. Since a decision had to be made retrospectively due to the ineptitude of Jon Moss, I'd rather that decision helped a team we don't have to play again, rather than one who we MAY need every slim margin against come the end of the season.

Having watched it again, I just cant believe the ref books McCarthy and Ramires (Ramires gives a little nothing shove) and lets that go on.

Why have we been charged with failing to control our players? I think they showed remarkable restraint to not smash Ivanovic's head in.
Don't get me started about Ramires, the snide [Poor language removed]-er :rant:

We shouldn't be, no... but given how poor we've been this season, and the fact that like it or not, we're only 5pts above the bottom 3, I'll take any edge I can get from here on out to ensure that nothing utterly catastrophic happens to my club, rather than hoping for a bit of "revenge" from someone getting banned when it'll have no positive effect on us.

As I said, it's plainly obvious that Ivanovic should have been sent off for what he did. And I wish he had been, since that would have helped US. Since a decision had to be made retrospectively due to the ineptitude of Jon Moss, I'd rather that decision helped a team we don't have to play again, rather than one who we MAY need every slim margin against come the end of the season.
At that point we may agree to differ mate ;)

Surrounding the ref and creating a scene has been a successful tactic that top teams have employed for decades.

I think, at least in this country, it was invented by Don Revie. It has been used with effect by Keane's Utd, Vieara's Arsenal, Gerrard's LFC and of course by Wimbledon.

Top teams who want to win fight fire with fire. EFC's lack of Pack Mentality has always been one of its failings. It happened again against CFC the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.