Everton - a team of nations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Darron

Player Valuation: £225k
The hopefully imminent arrival of Leroy Fer got me thinking about how many other Dutch players have played for the blues down the years. I counted 5 (please correct me if I am wrong)

Ray Atteveld, Sander Westerweld, Andy Van Der Meyde, Johnny Heitinga and Royston Drenthe.

I think I am right in thinking that Stefan Rehn was the first foreign player to play for us. So it got me wondering how many different nations have represented Everton since then? If people want to help me out they can take a country and share their findings. If not, I am sure I will have many happy an evening trying to do it myself.

I'll start with Argentina. Denis Stracqualursi is all I can think of.

The first foreign player was a south african, David Murray, who played for us in the 20s.

Since then we've had an argentine (straq), a canadian (radzinski), a costa rican (Oviedo), an ivorian (bakayoko), Viðarsson from iceland, Bob the pole, Vellios from greece, tal from israel, Nyarko from ghana, castillo from ecuador, Gueye from senegal, mucha from slovakia, said from egypt, Arteta from spain, our two belgs kev and felli, Li and Li from china, Bilić and Jelavic from croatia, Wessels, Mustafi and Hitz from germany, Myhre and Baardsen from norway, Kanchelskis and Bily from Russia, Murray and Pienaar from south africa, Hottiger and Senderos from switzerland, Kearton, Bosnar, Neill and Cahill from oz, Rodrigo, Anderson and Jo from Brazil, Materazzi, Pistone and ferrari from italy, Júnior, Xavier, valente and fernandes from portugal, Amokachi, Akpan, Anichebe, Yobo and Yakubu from Nigeria, Thomsen, Degn, gravesen, jacobsen and Kroldrup from Denmark, Atteveld, van der meyde, westerveld, Heitinga, drenthe and fer from holland, Rehn, limpar, Alexandersson, blomqvist, linderoth from sweden, Preki, moore, mcbride, hahnemann, howard and Donovan from america and Madar, dacourt, ginola saha and distin from france.

The first foreign player was a south african, David Murray, who played for us in the 20s.

Since then we've had an argentine (straq), a canadian (radzinski), a costa rican (Oviedo), an ivorian (bakayoko), Viðarsson from iceland, Bob the pole, Vellios from greece, tal from israel, Nyarko from ghana, castillo from ecuador, Gueye from senegal, mucha from slovakia, said from egypt, Arteta from spain, our two belgs kev and felli, Li and Li from china, Bilić and Jelavic from croatia, Wessels, Mustafi and Hitz from germany, Myhre and Baardsen from norway, Kanchelskis and Bily from Russia, Murray and Pienaar from south africa, Hottiger and Senderos from switzerland, Kearton, Bosnar, Neill and Cahill from oz, Rodrigo, Anderson and Jo from Brazil, Materazzi, Pistone and ferrari from italy, Júnior, Xavier, valente and fernandes from portugal, Amokachi, Akpan, Anichebe, Yobo and Yakubu from Nigeria, Thomsen, Degn, gravesen, jacobsen and Kroldrup from Denmark, Atteveld, van der meyde, westerveld, Heitinga, drenthe and fer from holland, Rehn, limpar, Alexandersson, blomqvist, linderoth from sweden, Preki, moore, mcbride, hahnemann, howard and Donovan from america and Madar, dacourt, ginola saha and distin from france.

Well, that put an end to that then......................

Didn't we once have a Lberian kid on our books? He won some sort of competition that I once watched on a some crappy satellite channel. Was it Abe Donzo or something like that. Or did I dream this one up?

Status
Not open for further replies.