Match Thread Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sitting here with a warm feeling ,the posters who seem to watch another game to me are of no importance ,the ones with obvious agendas ,despite them saying the reverse drift into insignificance and all I can think of is Don Carlo when asked about "the Sock" saying "it is a first for me " ,the man has brought a calmness and surety despite some players performances that is better the ten pints .

Nervy at times but, like last week, we got through it and are in a very strong position going into the post break games

The difference in the amount of points we are picking up as of late is staggering, 22 out of the last 11 games compared to just 7 from Silva’s last 11 in charge

We’re looking good, if we can keep that intensity through to the end of the season then I don’t see anyone getting an easy ride from us

Good win in the end, slow out the blocks at the start of the 2nd half and after they scored to equalise we didn’t look great, don’t know what Sigurdson was doing pointing to pass the ball away from him, he also literally tried to pass the ball through Schneiderlin who I thought had a decent game. We showed good spirt again to take the lead and ultimately finish it off at the end.

What a difference playing 2 strikers close together make.

....results reflect it’s certainly working but we do tend to get outnumbered at times in midfield. Palace always seemed to have a man over but didn’t capitalise on very good situations.

With two up top I’m surprised we don’t get it forward quicker. It’s frustrating at times seeing us pass around the back four, especially when we’re not very good at it. The Richarlison goal was terrific; a ball knocked up, DCL battling and Richarlison gambling for the flick-on to score from nothing.

What a bizarre game. Truly awful performance from some blues players and yet we could have won 4-1. The crowd were stunned into silence for most of it, until the collapse after half time which woke up the critics in the crowd. We could not wait to get rid of the ball. Siggy must surely be on his way end of season. Schneiderlin was excellent when it mattered, but Richarlison has become a great player. Pity he is surrounded mostly by dross. One of the worst refs seen here in years. No voice left after that fiasco of a game.

Didnt really see the masterclass some are referring to with Schneiderlin today? Thought he was average and Sigurdsson anonymous bar fouls and safe passes.

Not agenda driven, didnt see anything 'wow'...
Think it is because he has set the bar so low in his here. A tackle a pass and everyone creams themselves. But I did think he did ok today. But not the answer in the long term at all

Status
Not open for further replies.