Match Thread Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

We got our goal because they were encouraged to come and have a go at us. They thought they'd nick the ball and counter.

Since then they've simply battled us and we've tried to assert a possession game. Therefore, they're winning the battle, but they needed to equalise when they were relatively on top in that half IMO because they'll tire quickly second half.

If we're sensible, we just keep things tight for the first 15 minutes second half and then assert ourselves from 60 minutes on. If we do, we should win this now by two or three.

Poor goalkeeping to lose grasp of the ball. Of course.

But to suggest it was a penalty is just ridiculous

With respect, I didn’t say it was a penalty did I? That was your assumption.

I said we got away with one, it was sloppy at the back, Pickford dove in and didn’t hold it. The ball was bobbling free, it was a decent chance for Palace and it needn’t have been.

And then Seamus coming in was clumsy because Zaha was going nowhere at that point. He got absolutely none of the ball and all of the player - so he gave them a decision to make. It was stupid.

It has been a poor match but we have pressed really well and won ball back quickly which is nice to see

Status
Not open for further replies.