Match Thread Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a bad feeling this morning, listening to the radio Zaha said he is unhappy about the lack of protection he is getting from the referees in the premier league. That could go two ways, the ref at the weekend may be on the look out for the slightest touch and give a penalty to him. Or he might think "who does this guy think he is?" and not give him anything. But as Palace are playing us, I'm thinking 3 penalties to Palace :red: :yellow: :rant:

These pressers are utterly pointless, gobshite journalist just asked what Carlo thinks about them winning the league at Goodison, a match not being played for over a month

Some of the Ancelotti Pre Palace P/C

Carlo offers Gbamin injury update

The surgery went well. Now he is doing additional treatment.
We have to move slowly with him. Step-by-step.
We hope to see him before the end of the season.

Carlo offers Gomes injury update
We are hoping to arrange a friendly for him after the break.

Carlo on team spirit
The spirit of the team is good. After Newcastle, Watford was an important result. We had 10-men, fantastic effort from the team. Of course this helps keep the motivation high and keep the atmosphere in the squad good.

Carlo on Everton form
I don't know! You change the manager, you get a reaction from the players. They players have reacted well in my opinion. From the first day the style of football was better. We have to improve again but I am satisfied."

Carlo on upcoming run
Now we have to be focused. It is an opportunity to climb the table [against Palace]. We have to close this period and prepare for the end of this season. The games are really difficult."

Carlo on Hodgson
"I have a good relationship with him. I was watching him when I was assistant of the Switzerland national team and he was manager.
I am happy to meet him tomorrow

Carlo on Crystal Palace
I expect a difficult game. Palace have their own quality and a manager with lots of experience. With the support of our stadium I think we can have three points."

Now we have to be focused. It is an opportunity to climb the table [against Palace]. We have to close this period and prepare for the end of this season. The games are really difficult

Carlo on midfield options
We have Tom Davies, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson. I can say now two of these will play - and one will go on the bench!"

Carlo on transfers
For my job it is not good to have this window so open.
The best way for a manager is when the league starts, the transfer window is closed.
You have to manage players for a month who want to leave. It is difficult.

Carlo on Messi
It would be fantastic for the Premier League but I don’t think it is possible.
Messi is a Barcelona legend and I’m sure he is going to finish his career at Barcelona.

Carlo on Women's Merseyside derby
It is fantastic to support them. I saw them training last week. With the support of our fans they can beat Liverpool."

Carlo on retirement
Will Carlo Ancelotti still be managing in his 70s like Roy Hodgson?
"We are working for the passion. When I lose the passion I am going to stop.

Carlo on DCL
I was not surprised. He has quality and he is showing his quality.
He can improve, he is still young but I am satisfied with his form in this month.

Carlo on winter break
The team is fit in this period. The fact that we played on the Christmas period it is good to have a rest and time to prepare."
It is an important time for the players. I am going to give them five days off and then we come back to prepare for the game against Arsenal.

Can Everton qualify for the Champions League this season
Honestly, we are not thinking about this.
To play the Europa League would be a fantastic result for us for next season.
This is the target in this moment, Chelsea is too far ahead at the moment.
Maybe they’ll be closer in three or four games but there are a lot of fantastic teams.

Carlo on what he's changed
In some games we did well. In other parts we are not so good, we need to improve and have more confidence in our play, our style.
In some parts of the game it seems we are a little confused. We need to be more precise in some parts of the pitch.

Are you enjoying back in the Premier League
The atmosphere didn’t change. The games are now more competitive compared to 10 years ago.
You can see happiness in the stadium and here.

Carlo on Liverpool potentially winning the league at Goodison
Liverpool are going to win the Premier League. I hope not at Goodison Park.
There are a lot of other stadiums. Why Goodison Park?

Carlo on Mentality
It is difficult to teach the mentality and character, the aim is to make the player comfortable when they play and to give them the right ideas the strong motivation. I am not able to change the character of the players
We were lucky to win the game but we were unlucky against Newcastle. I think the two points we dropped against Newcastle, we picked up against Watford

This is a great opportunity, we must get three points. We need to kill them off in the first-half. Poor Sigurdsson is again likely to be an out and out CM and I feel for him but hopefully he can produce some good moments and maybe score a goal or two.

This is a great opportunity, we must get three points. We need to kill them off in the first-half. Poor Sigurdsson is again likely to be an out and out CM and I feel for him but hopefully he can produce some good moments and maybe score a goal or two.

Every match Gylfi plays is just another chance for him to redeem himself.

If he can slot 8 and assist 6 tomorrow that'll do his stats no harm at all.

I think it'll be him and Morgan tomorrow.

It has that air of the Fulham/Villa about this sadly, It's hard to break out of this thinking when the club have done this to us before but this at home so we have a really good chance here, Just hope they make it count. Early goals and they should collapse.

Some of the Ancelotti Pre Palace P/C

Carlo offers Gbamin injury update

The surgery went well. Now he is doing additional treatment.
We have to move slowly with him. Step-by-step.
We hope to see him before the end of the season.

Carlo offers Gomes injury update
We are hoping to arrange a friendly for him after the break.

Carlo on team spirit
The spirit of the team is good. After Newcastle, Watford was an important result. We had 10-men, fantastic effort from the team. Of course this helps keep the motivation high and keep the atmosphere in the squad good.

Carlo on Everton form
I don't know! You change the manager, you get a reaction from the players. They players have reacted well in my opinion. From the first day the style of football was better. We have to improve again but I am satisfied."

Carlo on upcoming run
Now we have to be focused. It is an opportunity to climb the table [against Palace]. We have to close this period and prepare for the end of this season. The games are really difficult."

Carlo on Hodgson
"I have a good relationship with him. I was watching him when I was assistant of the Switzerland national team and he was manager.
I am happy to meet him tomorrow

Carlo on Crystal Palace
I expect a difficult game. Palace have their own quality and a manager with lots of experience. With the support of our stadium I think we can have three points."

Now we have to be focused. It is an opportunity to climb the table [against Palace]. We have to close this period and prepare for the end of this season. The games are really difficult

Carlo on midfield options
We have Tom Davies, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson. I can say now two of these will play - and one will go on the bench!"

Carlo on transfers
For my job it is not good to have this window so open.
The best way for a manager is when the league starts, the transfer window is closed.
You have to manage players for a month who want to leave. It is difficult.

Carlo on Messi
It would be fantastic for the Premier League but I don’t think it is possible.
Messi is a Barcelona legend and I’m sure he is going to finish his career at Barcelona.

Carlo on Women's Merseyside derby
It is fantastic to support them. I saw them training last week. With the support of our fans they can beat Liverpool."

Carlo on retirement
Will Carlo Ancelotti still be managing in his 70s like Roy Hodgson?
"We are working for the passion. When I lose the passion I am going to stop.

Carlo on DCL
I was not surprised. He has quality and he is showing his quality.
He can improve, he is still young but I am satisfied with his form in this month.

Carlo on winter break
The team is fit in this period. The fact that we played on the Christmas period it is good to have a rest and time to prepare."
It is an important time for the players. I am going to give them five days off and then we come back to prepare for the game against Arsenal.

Can Everton qualify for the Champions League this season
Honestly, we are not thinking about this.
To play the Europa League would be a fantastic result for us for next season.
This is the target in this moment, Chelsea is too far ahead at the moment.
Maybe they’ll be closer in three or four games but there are a lot of fantastic teams.

Carlo on what he's changed
In some games we did well. In other parts we are not so good, we need to improve and have more confidence in our play, our style.
In some parts of the game it seems we are a little confused. We need to be more precise in some parts of the pitch.

Are you enjoying back in the Premier League
The atmosphere didn’t change. The games are now more competitive compared to 10 years ago.
You can see happiness in the stadium and here.

Carlo on Liverpool potentially winning the league at Goodison
Liverpool are going to win the Premier League. I hope not at Goodison Park.
There are a lot of other stadiums. Why Goodison Park?

Carlo on Mentality
It is difficult to teach the mentality and character, the aim is to make the player comfortable when they play and to give them the right ideas the strong motivation. I am not able to change the character of the players
We were lucky to win the game but we were unlucky against Newcastle. I think the two points we dropped against Newcastle, we picked up against Watford

....taking this at face value, if Iwobi is available, Ancelotti doesn’t see him as a central midfielder.

It has that air of the Fulham/Villa about this sadly, It's hard to break out of this thinking when the club have done this to us before but this at home so we have a really good chance here, Just hope they make it count. Early goals and they should collapse.
Indeed, and on many occasions. Including against tomorrow's opponents. Who can ever forget Roberto's bizarre team selection going into the game against Palace 5 or 6 seasons ago. We were on a great run of results and in 5th place breathing down the neck of the top 4. Bobby decided he'd change half the team. The result I think was a 3-2 defeat. We must have been bad because Bolassie tore us a new one.

Palace woefully out of form, some of their players players out injured. Was in the news today about how good ancelottis home record is in England

Can see where this is going can't you

5-0 the Carlo blues :confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.