Everton 2-1 Real Betis Sunday 11th August

Status
Not open for further replies.
must say i loved sharpy's "if it weren't for howard we'd be 4 or 5-0 down by now" missing out our 1 goal and also presuming instead we would put a broom in goal?

It's the middle of the park that's troubling.

Osman and Barkley don't work well. Both terrible tacklers and ball winners. So one can't play.

We also need someone to break up play. That to me is what Martinez needs to look at and bring in before the window closes.

Other than that... It's our last pre season games I'm not overly worried because in don't think everyone's intensity level is there. It will be next week.

Just need the midfield fixing.

Problem has been Osman and Gibson. Worrying given they are the most important players on the pitch with this system. Also we have shown no intentions to press them on the ball at all.

Their heads don't look in it, bizarre first half.

Gibson has been below par and Osman has been poor.

With only Gibson and Heitinga as options in the playmaker role, it's hard go get good passing in the last third. Missing Arteta. Should get us a decent creative midfielder soon

I don't like RM tactics and style of play....There I said it!!
We look more toothless in attack than ever.

Utd on the other hand look very slick and attacking.
Albeit Weak opposition.

I don't like RM tactics and style of play....There I said it!!
We look more toothless in attack than ever.

Utd on the other hand look very slick and attacking.
Albeit Weak opposition.

um yeah, they have spent a good £100m odd on their attackers though, whilst ours have cost about £16m

Well that first half was tough viewing. You can see there being a theme throughout the season with us!. Teams will do this to us every game and stop us play and make us look very ordinary!.

Like Sharpy says, we need a plan b for when we cant play out from the back. But when we do try atleast, i'd like to see us try and move the ball quicker to be able to get around Betis' closing down!.

Don't know wether it's cos we was late back from America or what but we look lethargic. Hopefully in the next week we get some good rest along with some good training behind us and look a lot fresher for Norwich!.

It's the middle of the park that's troubling.

Osman and Barkley don't work well. Both terrible tacklers and ball winners. So one can't play.

We also need someone to break up play. That to me is what Martinez needs to look at and bring in before the window closes.

Other than that... It's our last pre season games I'm not overly worried because in don't think everyone's intensity level is there. It will be next week.

Just need the midfield fixing.
Agree with all that except that in bold. No free passes on that score from me. They should be right on the ball here and committing in the final game before Norwich. I think it is an aberration though and we'll be fine for next week. Sharp is making this even worse than it actually is. I'd sack that doom-mongering divvy right now if I was Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.