Everton 2-1 Chelsea. Wednesday 10th February @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
Predictable wasn't it. As sure as night becomes day, and John Terry's autobiography will now be a massive bestseller, Everton contrive to temper your misplaced optimism with a putrid dose of derby day defeat.

So, who next then? Ah [Poor language removed], it's February.

Chelsea come to our place embroiled in a table top straightner with United and one would assume hungry for the points.

If certain things could be levelled in criticism of Moyes in his time here it's that we don't win enough games against the top clubs. Easier said than done as they are the top clubs, but there has been various times when we have had them on the ropes, Harry, and come short in either confidence or class to really finish things off. Keeping on the boxing theme, not unlike Lennox Lewis post being sparked out seemingly holding back when all you wanted to scream was HE'S CRYING, HE'S F*CKING CRYING IN THE RING, JUST SLAM HIM LAD".

It's hard to write this and point out any weaknesses to exploit in the Chelsea team as they on the whole a bit mustard and barring the occasional [Poor language removed] result Ancelotti has had them performing well this year. In reality, were probably anticipating what zany chants and rips are going to be heading the way of the ex England captain. Kipper's mailbox is going to be chocka by the weekend you'd think.

After the massive amount of non performances in the derby and having players back on the bench you would expect a change or two for this game, Neville to midfield, Hibbert to right back then. Fellaini's injury will become a little clearer in time and if not then Moyes has a little thinking to do - his absence would be a big loss for such a game. The final third will be getting some attention as we are a little [Poor language removed] in this area once teams effectively deal with those diagonal balls, an underwhelming Saha and Pienaar certainly don't help either, so this game may turn into a battle of attrition, unless Chelsea score early and web us.

Second game into the month of [Poor language removed] and time to stand up. All words on this interweb thing are futile unless the players in blue turn up and get into them from the off.

Last edited:
rodwell back in for felli if not heitinga to rb senderos in and nev back in centre bily on arteta on for pienaar and bily for osman the yak up front instead of lazy ass saha 2-2 to us
drogba and lampard to score for chelsea

Depends if we get a good start. If we score first then we might get a point, if they score first we will get absolutely mathematicalled.

For me it HAS to be (Providing Fellaini is fit and Pienaar banned)

Saha
Cahill
Bily Fellaini Neville Donovan
Baines Distin Heitinga Coleman

Vaughan, Yakubu and Viktor to come on as subs at some point b)

We CAN do this, forget about today's result!

I think after today we will get a reation on wednesday and the way chelsea have played away at Burnley/Hull of late we could sneak a point or dare I say 3 ?? - the medication is really kicking in now. :blink:

I think after today we will get a reation on wednesday and the way chelsea have played away at Burnley/Hull of late we could sneak a point or dare I say 3 ?? - the medication is really kicking in now. :blink:

Need I say more?

Status
Not open for further replies.