Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2 out of the last 10 Goodison derbies have been Liverpool wins.

They're more desperate for the win than us.

If Dyche doesn't look at this game as one we should sacrifice to get a better chance of points off Brentford - and he doesn't play Young - there's a draw for us.

Terence Trent Alexandria being back is an issue. Rubbish defender but he can make things happen. Jota back again is a huge pain in the arse too.

we need to stay up both want it

what a stupid thing to say

2 out of the last 10 Goodison derbies have been Liverpool wins.

They're more desperate for the win than us.

If Dyche doesn't look at this game as one we should sacrifice to get a better chance of points off Brentford - and he doesn't play Young - there's a draw for us.

Terence Trent Alexandria being back is an issue. Rubbish defender but he can make things happen. Jota back again is a huge pain in the arse too.
Jota is the player that worries me most. In a team of overrated players, he is one of the underrated ones that barely gets a mention.

Be vital to keep it tight first 20-25 mins. If they get an early goal it's curtains.

Expecting nothing, a point isn't totally unrealistic, a win and I'm taking Thursday off work.

Squad management going to be crucial this week - not that we have many options. But big ask for the same 11 to put in 3 big shifts in 6 days.

Just pack the midfield, we need the tallest players for set pieces which is a huge sort of their game and their crosses.

Pickford

Godfrey Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenko

Onana Gueye Garner

Doucoure DCL McNeil

Would be my team. It’s never a football match against them, we just need to compete on all set pieces, cut out mistakes, and physically bully them as much a possible.
Stick chermitti up front.. save DCL for Brentford.

They haven’t been scoring much from open play lately so corrupt penalty decisions will suit them well. Afterward I just hope the Everton powers that be issue a strongly worded tweet in protest of Stuart Attwell’s fashion sense.

The officials will be desperate for a penalty to keep the title race going.

Would rather we went 3 at the back and have Garner as a wing back with less defensive responsibilities.

Both Young and Godfrey are mistakes waiting to happen.
Plus sky want ratings for a potential 6 pointer at kenilworth rd…

If, yeah a big if, Dyche sets us up with energy and anger, rather than plodding and passive, we can deffo get a result.

Get properly stuck in from the off, I think they are knackered, they haven’t been playing their asthma inhaler “Kopite Sky fetish footy” for weeks.