Everton 1-0 Spurs. 10th March @ 17.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boss result. We struggled a lot in the second half and I questioned the Drenthe/Rodwell sub only for the fact that it pushed Ossie out wide when he was having a good game in the middle. That said, we fought hard and the 3 points were priceless. Gotta make the derby on Tuesday a bit tastier!

COYB :)

Boss result. We struggled a lot in the second half and I questioned the Drenthe/Rodwell sub only for the fact that it pushed Ossie out wide when he was having a good game in the middle. That said, we fought hard and the 3 points were priceless. Gotta make the derby on Tuesday a bit tastier!

COYB :)

No problem with the sub. Drenthe is great when you need a goal, unfortunately he seems to create as many scoring chances for the opposition as well so he needed to come off. We didn't really need Osman to create scoring chances at the time. We just needed Osman to hold the ball in the corners and he can do that pretty well when he is out wide. Despite the gaff Rodders was the best defending CM on the bench.

Although Spurs dominated possession in the 2nd half and had something like 22 shots on goal, the only really worrying attempts that I can remember is Saha hitting the post but that's about it.

Although Spurs dominated possession in the 2nd half and had something like 22 shots on goal, the only really worrying attempts that I can remember is Saha hitting the post but that's about it.

Agreed. That was the only 'real' chance we had. On the balance of play it could be argued we deserved something out of the game but at the end of the day the only stat that matters is 'goals scored'.

Although reading this thread it appears I may have been watching a different game to most others here but that is understandable
given our mutual inherent bias.

Agreed. That was the only 'real' chance we had. On the balance of play it could be argued we deserved something out of the game but at the end of the day the only stat that matters is 'goals scored'.

Although reading this thread it appears I may have been watching a different game to most others here but that is understandable

Yeah you were a bit unlucky not to get a point like after us sitting back more and more as the game went on. But I thought we hustled you out of it in the first half.

Still think you'll get 3rd and would deserve to after what has been a very good season. Arry knows he's off at the end of it though and it looks like the players do as well.

See you at Wembley.

We domintated the first half. No question.

Spurs dominated the second half. No question.

Spurs could have easily had one or two in the 2nd half.

That said, you hit the nail on the head. Goals scored is what counts.

he said they battered us.........they were good in the second have but battered ? i think arry was watching with rose coloured specs on his baggy eyes

If battering means blazing balls high into the Park End from the edge of the box, and the 'best winger in Europe' firing corners out for throw ins on the other side, then yep they battered us

Also, you got beat not 'done' you ungracious tit

If battering means blazing balls high into the Park End from the edge of the box, and the 'best winger in Europe' firing corners out for throw ins on the other side, then yep they battered us

Also, you got beat not 'done' you ungracious tit

Actually he got beatEN. X

Also Drenthe's celebration of the goal was mental and I love him.

i think i'm getting a RR pillow case so i can stroke his rubbish mohican as i drift into blissful sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.