Europa League Qualification Poll

If seventh gets us into the Europa League, how would you feel ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's more the Thursday night before the opening day that is the problem.

But yeah, I'd rather be in it than not. Need early signings this time or we will struggle.

Not really bothered about playing the thursday before the Sunday. We'll be doing it all season and it's no different to a wed/sat run.

It's not nailed on we are in qualifiers, is it? if United win the Europa, they get automatic CL, which means 6th/7th get the group stage directly?

It's not nailed on we are in qualifiers, is it? if United win the Europa, they get automatic CL, which means 6th/7th get the group stage directly?
Pretty much that dude.

At the worst case, we are in qualifiers I believe.

Just need to make sure we are ready for them because I have a feeling we'll be all over the shop in preseason

Pretty much that dude.

At the worst case, we are in qualifiers I believe.

Just need to make sure we are ready for them because I have a feeling we'll be all over the shop in preseason
"funny" thing is, I feel like I have a grasp on how the summer is going to go before hand. Last year I was expecting more but it is what it is/was. This year? Literally no idea. We could have almost literally a new team out there in qualifiers.

I'm still under the impression that if United finish outside of the top four, and win the EL, then the Czech Cup winners (Czech republic are the highest ranked Nation, with no automatic group qualifier) would benefit, the knock on effect would see someone from somewhere like Serbia be bumped in Q3, and then Aberdeen into Q2.....

That's just my take on it.

I'm still under the impression that if United finish outside of the top four, and win the EL, then the Czech Cup winners (Czech republic are the highest ranked Nation, with no automatic group qualifier) would benefit, the knock on effect would see someone from somewhere like Serbia be bumped in Q3, and then Aberdeen into Q2.....

That's just my take on it.

Hasn't there been a link posted already stating even if the above happens we definitely don't go directly into the group stage?

Hasn't there been a link posted already stating even if the above happens we definitely don't go directly into the group stage?

That's what i'm getting at. I was having this discussion with another poster a few pages back. It's 6th or bust for Group stage, as i highly doubt we'll finish higher, barring a meltdown by Arsenal.

That's what i'm getting at. I was having this discussion with another poster a few pages back. It's 6th or bust for Group stage, as i highly doubt we'll finish higher, barring a meltdown by Arsenal.

Not just an Arsenal meltdown...we also need to get our squad out of holiday mode!

Imagine a scenario where Arsenal and Man City win out and West Ham trip up the scum. Then just have Utd. win the Europa League and it's the perfect hypothetical possible at this stage. No qualifying rounds and that lot don't get Champions League.

Do you believe in magic?

I dont think the premier league are right here as it implies two things

1. That 8 teams from england wold be in europe (5 CL & 3 EL)
2. That we would go striaght to the group stages as we would be taking the 5th place EL spot or the FA cup EL spot (depending on arsenal) which both go straight to the groups.

It says at the very start of the article the maximum amount of teams that can qualify for Europe from England is 7.
It also states;
If Man Utd win the UEL their place in the UEL third qualifying round for winning the EFL Cup would go to the next-highest ranked team not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.