Europa League - Lyon (Away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sales are restricted for their upcoming game against Atalanta, so presume it will be the same when we go over.

We would like to inform all the Club's supporters and the supporters of Atalanta that a restriction on ticket sales has been imposed for the Europa League match at 21:00 on 28 September at the Groupama Stadium.

ATALANTA SUPPORTERS
The visitors' section will be put at the disposal of the Atalanta fans and ticket sales for this section are to be made directly to Atalanta BC. Please note that it is strictly forbidden for supports to obtain tickets for seats not within the visitors section.

OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS SUPPORTERS
Given the dramatic events that hit Groupama Stadium last season, our club has reserved the rest of the ticket sales for exclusive Olympique Lyonnais supporters, season-ticket holders, MYOL members and members of the public who have an individual code (sent out individually between 11 and 13 September on the basis of their support of OL over a number of seasons).
Was afraid of this :(. I reckon, unless the club can really pull something out of the hat that we wont get much more than the 3000 that the away end holds.

Sticking a 'previous purchase history' clause in there makes total sense from their point of view after the mayhem last season with the Turkish team, hopefully they are coupling that with an increased visitor allocation so that folk don't have to go in the home end which again makes sense if the stadium is rarely anywhere near full...

as much as we dont like it.

I'm going with a French mate of mine (flying from Bordeaux the morning of the game).
He has friends in Lyon who are season ticket holders there.

According to him the club ticket office have stated that home tickets are only available to Members and season ticket holders.

However, apparently a big allocation is going to Everton (talk of 10,000 tickets). Not sure how true this is but it would be nice to have allocation confirmed...

I'm going with a French mate of mine (flying from Bordeaux the morning of the game).
He has friends in Lyon who are season ticket holders there.

According to him the club ticket office have stated that home tickets are only available to Members and season ticket holders.

However, apparently a big allocation is going to Everton (talk of 10,000 tickets). Not sure how true this is but it would be nice to have allocation confirmed...
Everton won't get 10k, ok they might but they took the lowest for Chelsea in the cup and I reckon it was because the box office ticketing system is such a mess they didn't want more. They struggle with 3k allocations forget about trying to sort 10

A mate who goes everywhere and has contacts at the club reckons we are only getting 2000 tickets . But the other week someone who also has contacts in the box office reckoned we were getting a lot more than that . I reckon 5-7000 will travel at most . Like Nuremberg and Lille everyone will get in one way or other .

Best way from Lyon airport to the Stadium?

Sorry if this has already been asked?

There is a train (RhoneExpress) that runs from the station in the airport into the middle of town in the 3rd arrondissement (Part-Dieu), costing roughly 12-13€. To take away the stress of buying a ticket when you arrive, there's an app (called RhoneExpress) where you can electronically purchase your tickets beforehand. From Gare Part-Dieu you have to change and get on the Tram heading down Line 3, which travels directly out to the east side of Lyon, where their newly-built Groupama stadium is located.

Lyon aren't the team they once where, still very strong and will be favourites but wouldn't put it past you pulling a decent result out the bag, to ease the pressure from Koeman.

Need to be more clinical than what you were against that mob you drew at home with last week. Early goal, keep the crowd quiet and you hit them on the counter.

I'll be watching if I can get a decent stream. Genuinely hope you do well. Draw would be a good result for you

My only worry is if they score first, you tend to lack confidence on the ball (Like Burnley on Sunday) and I think you could self destruct and lose another goal shortly after. Have to keep it tight - But you already know that.

Boring watching the Europa League at the latter stages when there's no English teams left.

Atalanta only got 2800. Can't see us getting much more than that

yeah and there were only 27000 at the game!!
Lyon are shitting themselves that they dont want a repeat of the Besiktas trouble otherwise they face getting kicked out of Europe. They have now even blocked their online sales to IPs outside France - even for league games. Just hope we do get a good allocation otherwise theres gonna be a couple of thousand without tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.