2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
…I’m not sure ‘it’s clear Lampard thinks this’. He’s a football man & i’d be surprised if he doesn’t know the risk.

We need another attacker.

He was talking up DCL again yesterday. The club are naive enough to keep expecting him to get fit and play every week and get 15 goals. They have their heads buried in the sand.

A like-for-like replacement for Rondon then, good stuff.
I;d have played Rondon and Maupay upfront. At least that almost makes sense in a 'make-do' sort of way. Long ball to a big lad to lay the ball off to Maupay.

It wouldn't have worked nore than a few times but at least it made more sense than playing Maupay up front on his own or bringing this lad Simms back.

Has there been any feedback from Sunderland fans on whether or not he's been any good? Seems on the surface like a more successful loan than Gordon, Barkley had

He missed a good couple of months, around 10 games, due to a toe injury so we're just really seeing him at his best in recent weeks. He's playing regularly and has been really enjoying his time here as far as I can tell. We have a really young squad and a lot of lads are learning their trade together. Last game out which Simms started in was the lowest average age of any starting team in all 4 divisions of English football this season.

I just hope he plays at is it would be a real shame for him to go from playing regular to hardly at all.

The one favour Lampard has done for us is to make this decision early so we have the full window to replace him.

I;d have played Rondon and Maupay upfront. At least that almost makes sense in a 'make-do' sort of way. Long ball to a big lad to lay the ball off to Maupay.

It wouldn't have worked nore than a few times but at least it made more sense than playing Maupay up front on his own or bringing this lad Simms back.
Hopefully Simms proves to be more useful than Rondon who contributed very little to nothing when he got on to the pitch.

Would he have scored the Maupay chance against wolves ? Yes from me . We are in a bad place and clearly can’t spend so need to hope he can improve. Mixed bag on Sunderland forums - some positive and some negative .. here’s hoping

Gutted for the bloke

Coming from a motivated club chasing promotion to one chasing relegation must be hard to take

Stay away from the handbags Ellis. Will be your downfall

We’re so embarrassing. Desperation station is a full go. As others have said, I’m hoping Simms does well and should at the very least give us a proper striker option. But it’s what this symbolizes that’s so concerning. Lampard and the board know they can’t afford a proper goal scoring striker and are still relying on Dom to be healthy, despite all the evidence pointing to him falling into the Mina curse.

Would he have scored the Maupay chance against wolves ? Yes from me . We are in a bad place and clearly can’t spend so need to hope he can improve. Mixed bag on Sunderland forums - some positive and some negative .. here’s hoping

Very possibly no, unfortunately.

Maupay has had a similar scoring record in the Prem to Simms in the championship, Scotland and league 1. Unfortunately this is a sign of how dire we are, rather than a player ready to help us.

It's a bit of a joke, really. For all intents and purposes the kid was developing pretty well there and then we take him back because its clear the club aren't confident enough to get all they need in the January window..

What a mess.

It's a bit of a joke, really. For all intents and purposes the kid was developing pretty well there and then we take him back because its clear the club aren't confident enough to get all they need in the January window..

What a mess.
Would not be at all surprised he is the and only plan up front...

Status
Not open for further replies.