2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
By a wide margin.
If we start the season with Rondon as our back up CF we could potentially have the exact problems we had this season regardless of whether we retain or replace DCL.
Sell Rondon keep Simms.

….I doubt we can ‘sell’ Rondon, indeed I doubt we could give him away. Regardless, Simms will leapfrog him in the reckoning.

We need new players in plenty of other positions so I can see him getting a chance with Frank. If Rondon doesn’t go this summer then he’s only got a year on his contract anyway.

He's a flat footed get.
He is strong and has a good shot.Still young and improving.

Far too many don’t seem to understand there is a development curve that is different for every player.

It is impossible to judge where he is at until he has some time with the first team squad. He has done his loan development, its time to see what he is all about This summer he either becomes a backup striker or we should look to get a fee.

I personally think he is good enough to offer something to the first team as a squad player.

He is strong and has a good shot.Still young and improving.

Far too many don’t seem to understand there is a development curve that is different for every player.

It is impossible to judge where he is at until he has some time with the first team squad. He has done his loan development, its time to see what he is all about This summer he either becomes a backup striker or we should look to get a fee.

I personally think he is good enough to offer something to the first team as a squad player.

….absolutely but even in his current standard he’ll be a handful & he’ll occupy defenders. He’s always come alive when the ball is played behind CBs or is in the box but he’s definitely more combative than he was 12 months or so ago.

Simms is raw but i genuinely think he can be effective coming off the bench or as back-up.

….absolutely but even in his current standard he’ll be a handful & he’ll occupy defenders. He’s always come alive when the ball is played behind CBs or is in the box but he’s definitely more combative than he was 12 months or so ago.

Simms is raw but i genuinely think he can be effective coming off the bench or as back-up.
He'll be in the squad next season and getting minutes for sure, any young player who we can bring through to add depth and options saves the club having to buy with commensurate higher wages than academy lads who break through will be on. Long term wise, hell, even short term that's what we need.

Think Simms, Warrington, Dobbin will all possibly see a lot more minutes next season (Dobbin could be via a loan to the championship)

I find it amazing that he is being dismissed. He has had two very effective loans and improved each time.

He had followed a good development path and deserves a chance. As a club, we are not in a position to turn our noses up at players like him without proper evaluation.

I think he will be a good backup striker for us next season. That is what I think will happen. However, if we don’t use him, we should cash in while his stock is high. Another loan is pointless.

I find it amazing that he is being dismissed. He has had two very effective loans and improved each time.

He had followed a good development path and deserves a chance. As a club, we are not in a position to turn our noses up at players like him without proper evaluation.

I think he will be a good backup striker for us next season. That is what I think will happen. However, if we don’t use him, we should cash in while his stock is high. Another loan is pointless.
I agree to an extent.

If, however, someone like Forest or Huddersfield (whoever is promoted) comes in and offers a loan deal with the promise of first team football next season, that would probably be better.

I continually come back to the DCL example - he was written off by so many people and it wasn't until he was about 23 that people finally saw what the coaches had seen.

Development is different for everyone. Ross Barkley never became the player I thought he might. I'm incredibly excited about Gordon, but you never know if he'll add that end product.

Simms has had a couple of good loans. Now he needs minutes in the PL and we'll see where we go from there.

As I always say with these things though, the club can already evaluate him. He’s been on the books for years and they can watch every second of every game he’s played on loan, that is more than enough for them to make an informed decision on what level he can reach.

I agree to an extent.

If, however, someone like Forest or Huddersfield (whoever is promoted) comes in and offers a loan deal with the promise of first team football next season, that would probably be better.

I continually come back to the DCL example - he was written off by so many people and it wasn't until he was about 23 that people finally saw what the coaches had seen.

Development is different for everyone. Ross Barkley never became the player I thought he might. I'm incredibly excited about Gordon, but you never know if he'll add that end product.

Simms has had a couple of good loans. Now he needs minutes in the PL and we'll see where we go from there.
We have held on to some younger players for too long, sending them on endless loans. Sometimes a loan is a way of avoiding making a decision.

Simms has actually had some great first team experience while out on loan. He needs the chance in our squad.

He’s nowhere near ready to be in the squad next season. Watching him for hearts, he’s got a good shot on him but his first touch is way off prem standard. He’s done well for hearts but he looks like a decent/good SPL player, not standing out as too good for the level. There’s a world of difference between playing in the premier league. He’s still raw and another loan is his best option. I’d send him back to hearts, another season playing every week and in the europa league and see where he is after that.

I would love another academy graduate, to have a real breakthrough season. I imagine Lampard, will have a good luck at Simms and Dobbin in preseason. I thought both lads did well when we played the kids away at Chelsea.

The lad has certainly taken his chance on his loans, one of a handful of success stories. Physically looks ready and is improving all the time. I certainly think he has earned a chance too impress pre-season. Lad can finish that much is clear and he has adapted well to mens football.

Status
Not open for further replies.