2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
No rush , he’s contracted until 2024. If he is on loan and avoids injuries he’ll likely improve and score more goals next season and be worth more money then . There’s little downside for us keeping him another year.
I understand that position, but we need to return to normal player trading and stop holding on to youngsters too long. He has been on two loans, it’s time to decide.

His stock is high and we could get a good fee for him right now. I believe we should either be looking to use him to bolster the first team, or take a profit and re invest.

Personally, I think he will be a good backup striker option. I would like to see him in the first team squad.

I understand that position, but we need to return to normal player trading and stop holding on to youngsters too long. He has been on two loans, it’s time to decide.

His stock is high and we could get a good fee for him right now. I believe we should either be looking to use him to bolster the first team, or take a profit and re invest.

Personally, I think he will be a good backup striker option. I would like to see him in the first team squad.

Doubt we would get a fee above say 2/3m currently. He needs a real breakout season to push his value up significantly.

I think Simms either joins the first team next season or is sold.
In which case, I hope he's sold. He isn't good enough for the Premier League. But that's not to say he can't be a great player for a club at HIS level. Championship player. Very similar style of player to DCL but nowhere near the same level.

I think we should at least give him pre season and maybe the last week of August to impress Frank.
There's no need to sell him for a million or 2 before the club can see how much he has progressed while across the border.

Status
Not open for further replies.