Eighteen years ago today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible, sickening week before that match. Was convinced we were going down, the match itself was unbearable. Couldn't face that again. We'll do the Geordies a favour by getting battered tomorrow night, put them out of their misery.

Horrible, sickening week before that match. Was convinced we were going down, the match itself was unbearable. Couldn't face that again. We'll do the Geordies a favour by getting battered tomorrow night, put them out of their misery.

I don't know why but I can't recall being as fearful leading up to the game as I was for Wimbledon.

I couldn't sleep for a week in advance of that one.

It was a crazy day, the best bit was getting on the pitch and going over to the Coventry fans to applaud them on congratulating us for staying up. In the front few rows was a fit women flashing her tits!! The calm before the Johnson out chants!!!

My first year of University. I watched it surrounded by RS in the university common room. Everyone seemed to want us to go down.

When Coventry scored I walked out and just wandered the streets until it was all over.

Anyone who moans about the 60 point / 6th place period under Moyes should be forced to time travel to the late 1990s. We were awful.

I don't know why but I can't recall being as fearful leading up to the game as I was for Wimbledon.

I only vaguely remember the Wimbledon game because I was too young. Thankfully, I only became properly aware of Everton fandom the following season. Shocking really that our last trophy win came in the first season that I was old enough to appreciate football, and I'm now in my 30s!

Same here, but on the the way to the Wimbledon game I was very calm, probably because I thought there was no chance we could do it...especially against Wimbledon and had resigned my self to the inevitable.

Looking back at the Coventry game it's frightening just how close we were to going down..despite the celebrations at the end.

18 years eh? Doesn't time fly when we're...well....crap.

I always thought this game felt like the end more so than the Wimbledon one,their seemed to be an air of defeat around the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.