effective substitutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

strummer

Player Valuation: £20m
I feel substitutions and the timing of them are vital in most games. Some players are suited to coming on late in a game but some just don't seem able to affect the game.
In my younger days Adrian Heath was a great option off the bench and in more recent times I can remember Osman and Naismith being great subs.
Can you remember game changing subs.either good or bad

Not so much a game changer but the sub I always remember as a kid was when Kendall in his 3rd spell took Madar off for Oster against Leicester when we were drawing and needed a win desperately,the ground exploded into boos and Young Oster looked shell shocked. The ball broke to him within seconds of him coming on and he fluffed a one on one. Always thought our own crowd played a part in his bottle completely going and as a result hate hearing fans booing substitutions.

Not so much a game changer but the sub I always remember as a kid was when Kendall in his 3rd spell took Madar off for Oster against Leicester when we were drawing and needed a win desperately,the ground exploded into boos and Young Oster looked shell shocked. The ball broke to him within seconds of him coming on and he fluffed a one on one. Always thought our own crowd played a part in his bottle completely going and as a result hate hearing fans booing substitutions.
That reminds me of when moyes brought HeitInga on as a sub when we were 1 down away at Bolton in the cup. A chorus of boos in the ground but luckily he scored a last minute equaliser

Status
Not open for further replies.