EFC to play rovers in tallaght

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you better explain a bit more to people on here that dont get ye. Its shamrock rovers, the current champions of ireland, who play in the tallaght area of dublin. Hopefully it goes ahead and we send a half decent squad. I,ll be there anyway with my mini everton supporters club.

Hope this happens. A chance to see my two favourite teams play. Ex toffee youth payer Karl Sheppard currently playing for Rovers.

This used to be a regular friendly fixture in the 1950s/60s.

Players like Tommy Eglington; Peter Farrell; and Mick Meagan signing for Everton from Rovers probably paved the way. Johnny Carey (Everton manager) is also a link. 1991 was the last time we played each other.

:) What a quaint letter.

v0_large.jpg

This used to be a regular friendly fixture in the 1950s/60s.

Players like Tommy Eglington; Peter Farrell; and Mick Meagan signing for Everton from Rovers probably paved the way. Johnny Carey (Everton manager) is also a link. 1991 was the last time we played each other.

Was at that game man makes me feel ancient.

shams lost to sligo rovers in the cup final last year
their fans also started a big riot in a league game in dundalk earlier in the season
they also robbed a player from sligo rovers after he'd signed for them in the off season
also robbed a player from dundalk earlier in the season! they got him to officialy retire from football, to free up his contract, then signed him the week after.
nice club to arrange a friendly with, watch the pockets outside the ground....

here's them being embarrased beyond all belief :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF4TOI_CANQ

Status
Not open for further replies.