Easy Vaulting Poll 3 - Will Besic become a first team regular this season?

Will Besic become a first team regular this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he will be during the 1st half of the season but he seems like a confident lad and I reckon he'll hit the floor running during the 2nd half of the season.

He'll get his chance with an injuring or resting for Barry and, after impressing, will create a selection headache for Martinez. A la the Stones/Jagielka thing that happened towards the end of last season.

He'll be in a rotation, I could see him partnering any of McCarthy, Barry or Gibson well. Think he'll play 30-40 matches in all comps. Doubt we'll have any "first choice" CDMs come end of season.

If we play only two then I can see him replacing Barry in lots of games. His distribution and ability to play it long seems better than McCarthy's but we'll see how he gets on.

I have a gut feeling he will be a legend but it's too early to really make any predictions.

No Because as much as we can talk about the good things with martinez he will persist with barry as long as he can.

HOWEVER

Besic has to climitise to the english game anyway so i would rather him getting fits and starts throughout the year and cement the position next season when he is used to the pace and intensity.

if he has a couple more composed performances, i believe he will make it in. he really does look like a good addition

Towards the latter half of the season I think so. Also quite possible the way Barry is playing, soon be on 12 points (lucky not to get a red in last game).
Think I would go for Besic ahead of Gibson if Barry absent.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure that Barry is going to have enough suspensions from yellow cards that it would be safe to say that Besic is a regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.