Dyche's and coaching staff future

Sean Dyche's - coaching team future.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see Coleman be allowed to go over the halfway line
On one hand - yeah, makes sense.

On the other - nah, he's 5000 years old and isn't able to run back and forth as much. Shame there's no other younger options in the team really.

He’s a shocking manager for me, don’t know where he’s gained a reputation for being a Moyes-esque manager who gets teams punching above their weight. 12 games without a win is worse than Lampard or Benitez ever did. I would sack him now because we’re going to need a new manager bounce to get us over the line this season.

He got Burnley into europe and kept them up for years on a miniscule budget compared to every other team in the premier league.

Last season he did a very good job. Came in and beat Arsenal straight up when everything was turning up and taking the mick at Goodison, restored Doucoure and won the games that needed to be won basically having to pick Gray/Simms/Maupay as CF option in some of them. Also had to start the final day must win with Garner and McNeill as wing backs.

He made it work somehow but there were some warning signs like Fulham at home in that run in. Also not getting Keane out until May which was really unnecessary with Mina and Coady bench warming.

This season, poor start but he kept calm and there were some really good performances in the October-December back to front that sadly haven't been replicated since. Almost feels like that Spurs second half actually deflated the team not getting a point from it.

However he isn't really progressive at all with development which this club badly needs with all the turmoil. Harrison is exactly his type of steady eddie out wide who'll put the hard yards in but won't impact much in the final third, same for Young in a position where Coleman was already around even if he wasn't going to be fit for the first few months.

After losing Gordon the club badly needed to sign a young wide player with some pace and unpredictability like we saw today with Semenyo. He also seemingly has no interest in developing Chermitti or Dobbin even after his goal v Chelsea which isn't a great look given the chronic lack of productivity in the final third.

It will just be the same next season scrambling low scoring wins and draws and quietly having ten match winless runs with majority indifferent as that's the acceptance now.

He needs to get them all performing against Burnley otherwise I can see Goodison turning for the first time against him if he makes a contentious sub decision.

Wrong, Dyche got it because he was the ‘easy’ option

Moshiri wanted Bielsa initially but he had that thing about wanting a pre season to evaluate.

Dyche was available and really Leeds and Leicester should've ditched their managers sooner as they would've stayed at this club expense. IIRC Leeds sacked Jesse Marsch the week Dyche took over. Bizarre they overlooked him and then finished the season with Big Sam.

Moshiri wanted Bielsa initially but he had that thing about wanting a pre season to evaluate.

Dyche was available and really Leeds and Leicester should've ditched their managers sooner as they would've stayed at this club expense. IIRC Leeds sacked Jesse Marsch the week Dyche took over. Bizarre they overlooked him and then finished the season with Big Sam.
Would still say, I would have taken Dyche over Bielsa. But offering him a contract till the end of season. We are now in the same situation as in 2023 unfortunately.

Leicester for me had a squad that should never be that low, but somehow it didn't work out for them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.