2023/24 Dwight McNeil

Probably gassed, one of the actual defenders should've engaged Soucek more but that was also a problem when Ayew was running through two weeks back.
Tarkowski went to the crosser so Mykolenko had to tuck in. Just watch the replay it’s pathetic.

I actually think he’s a better player than he’s shown and should be in the 10/2nd striker spot. But this was an effort you’d expect from a petulant 12 year old.

Absolutely gassed around 70 minutes, was trying to move about whilst carrying an invisible grand piano. Would have been better off trying to get a tune out of the piano than his left wing crosses. And a couple of long range efforts where he had time galore don't cover it up.

Maddening.

Strange one...when we were 1 up, suddenly he started to run and play with a lot more freedom than he has been for a long time and should have got us that second goal...minutes later they get their goal from the corner, and mcneill was completely anonymous again for the rest of the game. Must be a mental thing because he showed that he has the ability...his confidence must be rock bottom.

Strange one...when we were 1 up, suddenly he started to run and play with a lot more freedom than he has been for a long time and should have got us that second goal...minutes later they get their goal from the corner, and mcneill was completely anonymous again for the rest of the game. Must be a mental thing because he showed that he has the ability...his confidence must be rock bottom.
He has some amazing ability and I think he is a good player but he has stunk the gaff out recently. Needs about 3-4 weeks out but who the hell do we have to replace him.
Ditto with Harrison

You have to be a special special forward/wide player, and consistent, to succeed in the PL with his lack of pace. He is talented, and he is earnest. Ok in patches, but a really poor run going forward. And looks knackered.

Myko could cope defensively with Dobbin in front of him, who might not track as well. Only the fact that he occasionally puts in a great far post corner means Harrison should be dropped first.

He always looks 'slow', mentally and physically - like he's tired before he sets foot on the field.
I was screaming in the first half for him to wake the f up, to neck a can of Red Bull at halftime or something to jar his dozy brain into action.
Infuriating shot from close range, straight at their keeper. And a maddening tendency to just play the safe pass backwards, keeping his %completion stats looking rosy. The amount of attacks that break down or rotate backwards when he gets the ball out wide is second only to Harrison's talent to lose the ball by senseless dribbles or playing passes to no one...

TBF - just reading on here, I wasnt aware of his missus' health problems and I know now that this prob explains a lot - sorry for him in that case, and I wish him and his missus the best. If that's the case though, Dyche should give Dobbin a run and McNeil should be protected and taken out of the limelight. Its bad news all round to keep playing him when he's not performing

He always looks 'slow', mentally and physically - like he's tired before he sets foot on the field.
I was screaming in the first half for him to wake the f up, to neck a can of Red Bull at halftime or something to jar his dozy brain into action.
Infuriating shot from close range, straight at their keeper. And a maddening tendency to just play the safe pass backwards, keeping his %completion stats looking rosy. The amount of attacks that break down or rotate backwards when he gets the ball out wide is second only to Harrison's talent to lose the ball by senseless dribbles or playing passes to no one...

TBF - just reading on here, I wasnt aware of his missus' health problems and I know now that this prob explains a lot - sorry for him in that case, and I wish him and his missus the best. If that's the case though, Dyche should give Dobbin a run and McNeil should be protected and taken out of the limelight. Its bad news all round to keep playing him when he's not performing

I'm sure his missus being unwell would have an impact on his day to day life.

From a footballing perspective though, his stats have always been poor for the simple reason he's just not a very good footballer

Goals wise

2 this season
7 last season
0 the season before with 1 assist
2 the season before that

So it's took him nearly 4 seasons to score the amount we really need one of our attacking players to score in 1 season.

Remember when he those 12 games last year and people acted like he was Messi

Couldn’t get into Burnley’s team but he’s a starter for us

Another leech

Started 35 league games for Burnley in his last season, and 34 year before. Dyche loves him, which is the problem.