2023/24 Dwight McNeil

Isn't Dwight McNeil having a bit of a hard time in his personal life at the moment? Sick girlfriend/wife? That type of thing can easily have a negative effect on a person and how they perform.
I am sure Dyche has discussed his mentality with regards to his wifes illness and it looks obvious that McNeil has said all is ok for him to continue. I would have thought

You would play Dobbin out of position in central midfield?
No, I'd play Gueye with Garner, failing that Young or whoever the most promising u23 player is. McNeil should never ever play central midfield again. But on the wing, get him dropped as he's been embarrassing for months.

Surely needs a rest for a bit. At one point in the second half if you'd told me he was on the take, I would have believed you. Kept on gifting them chances. He was great a few months back, but looks very shaky on the ball

I am sure Dyche has discussed his mentality with regards to his wifes illness and it looks obvious that McNeil has said all is ok for him to continue. I would have thought
I am certain Dwight McNeil has had that discussion and told the manager he is ok to continue playing, but that doesn't mean he is. Such things can and do have an emotional and physical drain on a person without them realising it at the time. Hopefully, his situation and form will take a turn for the better very soon.