2023/24 Dwight McNeil

Has been poor in recent games...probably needs a rest but we have no squad depth so dyche has no choice really. He grew into the game a bit, but he was missing that yard of pace that makes all the difference.

Don't think people pay enough attention to how many influential and creative moments he has every game. A bit like doucoure if he doesn't score or assist the boo boys will flock to his thread.
He’s a god player who’s not afraid to hold to the ball to make an opening. He is far better technically and tactically than gray will ever be. Case closed.

So many posters on here are insanely critical of our players. They expect every touch to be perfect, every pass to be perfect, every chance to be converted and every cross to find an Everton. Playing football in the premier league is insanely difficult. Even players like De Bryune and Salah continually give the ball away in the attacking third by misplaced passes or crosses. McNeil is a key player for us at both ends and we are really improving as a team. I think we can finish top 10 if we are lucky with injuries which would be a miracle given where we have been the last two seasons.

Superb this half, calm and composed and respects having the football which is so key when playing a low percentage possession style.

I think he's abysmal on the ball and find him one of the least composed players in the side.

He gets another assist, quality assist btw but apart from that I just keep seeing the same thing over and over which is a player so slow in reacting to any pass, loose ball, challenge to be made, slow with the ball, gets rid as soon as he can, bottles out of any 50/50

The inability to just lay a simple 5 yard pass with his right means his body position is constantly wrong.

I know others love him so I'm in the minority but he's bang average at best. Shows you how far we've fallen when we're banking on a player like him to turn in match winning performances

I think he's abysmal on the ball and find him one of the least composed players in the side.

He gets another assist, quality assist btw but apart from that I just keep seeing rhe same thing over and over which is a player so slow in reacting to any pass, loose ball, challenge to be made, slow with the ball, gets rid as soon as he can, bottles out of any 50/50

The inability to just laly a simpe 5 yard pass with his right means his body position is constantly wrong.

I know others love him so I'm in the minority but he's bang average at best. Shows you how far we've fallen when we're banking on a player like him to turn in match winning performances
We have fallen a long way macca. I will counter with saying that when he's looking for an option, there isn't very many, that's on how we set up, and he's not strong enough to shield the ball for long periods of time. I think he's good with the ball in relation to the level of his team mates around him.

nice assist, but he looked knackered from early 2nd half. Wondering if the congested fixture list is starting to catch up with him, considering how much running he does for us in this side

We have fallen a long way macca. I will counter with saying that when he's looking for an option, there isn't very many, that's on how we set up, and he's not strong enough to shield the ball for long periods of time. I think he's good with the ball in relation to the level of his team mates around him.

Fair point mate. Unfortunately the level of player he is looking for is the same level as him so there's a lot of crap.