2023/24 Dwight McNeil

I really like McNeil. He is one of those players who always puts in massive amounts of effort and so even when he’s not been playing so well, he’s still valuable in the team. When he is on form he’s a great player, good goal scoring ability. Think he’s been an excellent signing.

Playing really well and scoring great goals so its a bit Scrooge-like to moan but in
my opinion his lack of pace means that he will never be a Top 6 winger. He will do for
the time EFC in which finds itself but I look forward to the upgrade.

Playing really well and scoring great goals so its a bit Scrooge-like to moan but in
my opinion his lack of pace means that he will never be a Top 6 winger. He will do for
the time EFC in which finds itself but I look forward to the upgrade.
I don’t think he’s as slow as he appears sometimes, there’s been times when he was closing down or chasing a ball where he’s suprised me. He’s certainly no Adama Traore, but imho anything he lacks in outright pace is more than made up for with his pace with the ball at his feet.
I sometimes think one reason he’s never credited with decent pace is he’s rarely played balls to get on the end of, he seems to be much more the type to pick it via pass into feet and then to run with the ball or operate via short passes and one twos etc.

When he plays with confidence, he's a joy to watch. But even when things aren't going great, he's got some engine on him. Fit as a butcher's dog

Not enough players do this these days (look at Rashford at United currently). When you're out of form, just work your nuts off until the ball starts bouncing your way again.

Three wins in a week, and he's been involved in the first goal of all three. Made up for him.