2023/24 Dwight McNeil

After the game Shay Given was saying it was difficult for the keeper because the shot took a nick and bounced up. Am I blind? I can't see a nick whatsoever.
Heard him say that too, struggled to see it myself. Think even osman was dubious as he made a bit of a point of saying Given said there was a nick rather than agreeing with him.
Would have to see a different angle I guess as Ossies point was valid, didn’t go in the top corner so you would think the keeper would get a bit closer to it and he did seem below the trajectory for it to be purely pace / power that beat him.

Heard him say that too, struggled to see it myself. Think even osman was dubious as he made a bit of a point of saying Given said there was a nick rather than agreeing with him.
Would have to see a different angle I guess as Ossies point was valid, didn’t go in the top corner so you would think the keeper would get a bit closer to it and he did seem below the trajectory for it to be purely pace / power that beat him.
I thought at first it took a nick, but I think it's just how he struck the ball. with top spin. There was no deflection.