2023/24 Dwight McNeil

Fair
From the little I gathered from before (why should they share anything they don’t want to it’s none of our business) it seemed like she had multiple surgeries and had a shocker but he’s been there for her throughout whilst still being available for every game even when he was injured (sock cut!) and could’ve easily taken an excuse to stay away a bit.

He seems like a model professional and all round good bloke who’s in a tough time.

Personally my wife was really sick for a year and I never took a day off or showed any weakness in front of her but that kind of thing is mentally exhausting so I hope he’s doing ok and hope him and his mrs get through happy and healthy whatever the situation.

I really want to like the guy and I really believe he can be better than he has been for us. But there isn’t a player I dislike watching more than McNeil as a left sided winger. It’s awful. Bad crosses. Endlessly being forced backward. Tons of pointless attempts to get around the edge of players who just shepherd him to the corner. It’s completely useless unfortunately having him out there. It’s not all his fault, he is clearly playing to the instructions he’s given.

Hes not the best player in the world but end of the day his corners are the only way we ever look like scoring and he also dropped a cross straight on Calvert Lewins head that shouldve been buried

Hes not the best player in the world but end of the day his corners are the only way we ever look like scoring and he also dropped a cross straight on Calvert Lewins head that shouldve been buried

He set him up for 2 clear cut chances not just the one

But let's get this straight, he was absolutely woeful once again. Offers no outlet to Mykolenko, is so one footed that because of his lack of pace he hast to go backwards, isn't reactive enough, slow to everything, gives the ball away time and time again.

Abysmal player and a sad stare of affairs this is how far we've fallen as a club that we know he's first name on the team sheet week in week out