2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like every player today (bar when Gray scored), they soil the bed when in the attacking third. Some of the through balls, and shot choices today where disgustingly bad.
If they can do it in training but not in a match ,they must be mentally weak.

He was poor today and looked short of confidence which is worrying after 2 games. Start him vs Fleetwod and hope he has a decent game and kicks on. Not going to judge him in 3 games.

We cannot get down on our players. Just can't. Iwobi's shown that. Some players will suck but we still need to back the eleven out there.

Having said that, that awful corner really killed us I thought. We had our tails up and they were looking a little panicky, and then when he put that into the side netting you could almost feel the park deflate over the tv.

When did this fanbase become a bunch of cynical gets over anyone under 25? There was a time where the likes of Vaughan, Anichebe, Chadwick etc would get some level of support regardless of ability now we just tear down anyone after a couple games

Understand but, for some perspective, we didn't pay 20 million quid for those lads. They were academy products. Not McNeils fault but it's a fact that the expectation Increases as a consequence

Did a few nice things today, and some good running and closing down as well. Very tidy on the ball and i think when he settles in, he'll be decent.

If Gordon had his touch and his composure, i might actually have seen something in him that others have.

The stick he is getting is totally unwarranted, and he's only a year older than Gordon in a new role, in a new team.

The corner was poor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.