Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me it is clear: play him in a central midfield role, like 1 defensive CM and him and Doucs further forward so in a midfield three.
or indeed as a wing back.
If he is signed as a replacement for Richy we are screwed.
I agree with this but you can't pay real money for someone to switch what they do completely. That's a shot in the dark type of thing for a small fee or a free.

Only thing I care about is can he take a corner or indirect free kick without hitting the first man? If he can, then I'm in!!!

Personally I think he would be a decent signing at the price being thrown around.

I don't think he will be the only winger / forward brought in either nor seen as Richarlison's replacement.

He's a winger, why would we play him centre mid?
because he drifts inside a lot and his best qualities are his work rate and crossing/pick a pass. so i would play him left attacking midfield., Doucs simliar on the right and 1 midfielder as a shield in front of the defence. because he will not have the same goal output as Richy. Need Broja of any other attacker desperately now

Surely reading 47 chances created with 1 assist maybe points at the issue not lying with him.
To an extent maybe, but it's not quite that simple is it? Firstly there's the big problem when it comes to stats like this, which is 'what classes as a chance created?'. If he's put a load of great balls in like he did for that famous Cornet miss and people have consistently missed sitters then that's one thing, if he's hung a load of corners and free kicks up in the air that a centre half has nodded toward goal and it's gone down as a chance created then that's a bit different.

The stats seem to suggest he created the same amount of chances per 90 minutes as Gordon, and less per 90 Townsend, Iwobi and Gray, most of whom we don't believe create enough, so it's maybe not as clear cut as is being made out.

Status
Not open for further replies.