Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just leave this here...

Can't understand this adulation. Not a great player, not a good goal record, injured a lot, forgot about Everton to go to Newcastle and no coaching credentials. Don't get me wrong I think he's ok but far removed from a goodison great. But he will get my full support on Saturday. All evertonians need to pull together and support the team fully

Last edited:

Can't understand this adulation. Not a great player, not a good goal record, injured a lot, forgot about Everton to go to Newcastle and no coaching credentials. Don't get me wrong I think he's ok but far removed from a goodison great

If you were alive at the time, you should recall that the team then was as crap as it is now. Not adulation, reality.

Probably says more about us as fans that we have a guy put in temp charge and we just slate him. Don’t quite see how arguing about how good a player he was has any weight to his credentials for taking temporary charge of one game we really could do with getting something from. Let’s just get behind him and the team.

If you were alive at the time, you should recall that the team then was as crap as it is now. Not adulation, reality.
Been alive since the fifties. I said he was an ok player scored some good goals especially the ones against United and RS but he wasn't consistent. Think cos of his build he was always close to an injury. I definitely want him to do well but just wonder what he brings as a coach

Probably says more about us as fans that we have a guy put in temp charge and we just slate him. Don’t quite see how arguing about how good a player he was has any weight to his credentials for taking temporary charge of one game we really could do with getting something from. Let’s just get behind him and the team.

Manager gets slaughtered
Temporary coach gets slated before his first match
Every perspective candidate gets dismissed as not good enough

What a ridiculous fanbase!

His disinterestedness and failure to curb his on field violence. It nearly put us down.
Like I said he was totally mis-managed from the time he stepped into Goodison (playing wise)

Plus managers never wanted to get the best out of him and couldn't see what he had to offer which was totally bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.