Driving to games from London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you are super close.

Not really sure about petrol. 4 hour drive from here.
I'm not too far originally from there, just over the hill ;). Used to do it in 4hrs got it down to just over 3.5 since new toll road. I use this to calculate my travelling costs

http://journeyprice.co.uk/

It's not a bad treck from there M3,M25,M40 and the up but FFS use the toll road.

if u travel with the same person each time buy a 2together railcard for £30 and u get 1/3 off all rail fares for a year as long as u travel together, Euston to lime st can be £30 each if u get an advance ticket. In fact I have railcards with 4 different people as you save the £30 in one journey and never know when u might go again.
If you get certain trains first class is £56 return each and then u get a comfy chair and free tea!

Definitely interested in this as well. Live in SW, Kingston/Surbiton way.

Games against London teams are always a nightmare for train travel, so could be a good plan.

Also please do join ESCLA - I've got some really good fares through them, but they more often than not don't organise travel due to lack of interest. Would be great if more people could support it.

Wow, quite a few locals. Be nice to even watch a game with someone too.

problem with travelling with someone is the travelling with someone part. I go to all games on my todd and meet people there.

If anyone on here is happy to drive to a few games next season and split petrol four ways then we should do this!

Seen him get the same train after games a few times haha

Bill used to regularly travel to home games from Euston or Northern away games on the train when I was living down that London in the 80s.

I am not sure if he was an ESCLA boy but he always mixed with us in the section of the train we had reserved.

Games against London teams are always a nightmare for train travel, so could be a good plan.

Also please do join ESCLA - I've got some really good fares through them, but they more often than not don't organise travel due to lack of interest. Would be great if more people could support it.

You wha?

ESCLA suffering due to "lack of interest".

I am sorry to hear that.....we used to bring hundreds up on the train in the 80s and 90s :(

I'm in Kingston myself. In fact, my dad's cousin is (think he still is) the treasurer for ESCLA. I'm not currently a member, I was thinking about it but as you say they didn't seem to arrange much travel currently.

You wha?

ESCLA suffering due to "lack of interest".

I am sorry to hear that.....we used to bring hundreds up on the train in the 80s and 90s :(

Aye, apparently the "golden years" were quite something. Was speaking to some ESCLA members in the White Horse in Parsons Green after Chelsea away, totally dwindled.

Status
Not open for further replies.