Drenthe the enigma

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbecksplease

Player Valuation: £500k
cant work him out,hit glorious free kick,had two major bust ups,one with neville the other with baines,looked disinterested for parts of the game,theres def something missing upstairs with him

He was awful today. I love the fella and hope we sign him. Just games like today where if he had turned up we would have turned them over.

He didn't have a great game. I wouldn't say he was awful though. He worked hard, in parts, and had more discipline than usual but didn't add much going forwards but I wouldn't say he was that much worse than most of our players.

I thought Fellaini was great today. Brilliant control of the ball, as ever, he always shields the ball so well and rarely gives it away cheaply.

He's indisciplined but this team needs him. If we didn't have him carrying the ball every now an then it'd be no-stop hoofball.

He's indisciplined but this team needs him. If we didn't have him carrying the ball every now an then it'd be no-stop hoofball.

This. On song, he's a threat and one that's difficult to stop. He's the only player we have who opposition managers will look at and think about an individual plan for stopping him. We'll never sign him.

Square peg, round hole for us.

At Spurs or someone similar, hed be given free reign and not really have to defend, hes 100% attack minded.

For us, our players need to do the all round game. If not, it'll upset people.

I think Neville was ott to be fair. Drenthe was near their corner flag, and if your team is fluid, players should covering other players. Yeah, bit of a plank for carrying of giving the God awful lino a bollocking, but the defensive players should fill in.

Maybe it because Nev was getting skinned by Christiano Mcclean, he couldn't hack not having to be helped out.

But like davek said...whos gonna actually try and win a game for us?

He was kicked all over the shop today, but hes a massive threat always being double marked on the ball. No one helps him out either.

He won't be signing like and well get some lid with as much pace as lepore with downse but can defend. Iz right

He's a quality player and the fact that a performance like that is considered awful tells you all you need to know about his quality, not everything came off, it was certainly one of his more frustrating days, yet he's always there, taking the ball, constantly making himself available and more than anything, taking responsibility in possession. I think that was only his 13th start in English football, he's just come straight into English football and took it by the scruff of the neck. I hope we get at chance to see him fully fit and adapted, he'll be some player.

Comfortably one of our best players.

Square peg, round hole for us.

At Spurs or someone similar, hed be given free reign and not really have to defend, hes 100% attack minded.

For us, our players need to do the all round game. If not, it'll upset people.

I think Neville was ott to be fair. Drenthe was near their corner flag, and if your team is fluid, players should covering other players. Yeah, bit of a plank for carrying of giving the God awful lino a bollocking, but the defensive players should fill in.

Maybe it because Nev was getting skinned by Christiano Mcclean, he couldn't hack not having to be helped out.

But like davek said...whos gonna actually try and win a game for us?

He was kicked all over the shop today, but hes a massive threat always being double marked on the ball. No one helps him out either.

He won't be signing like and well get some lid with as much pace as lepore with downse but can defend. Iz right

I think we saw in that one incident just how much Neville relies on his Coleman security blanket to keep him from harm. One on one with a winger and he shit a brick and was furious he'd been exposed to it.

The sooner we try Seamus out at RB and see if he has what it takes there the better.

He's a quality player and the fact that a performance like that is considered awful tells you all you need to know about his quality, not everything came off, it was certainly one of his more frustrating days, yet he's always there, taking the ball, constantly making himself available and more than anything, taking responsibility in possession. I think that was only his 13th start in English football, he's just come straight into English football and took it by the scruff of the neck. I hope we get at chance to see him fully fit and adapted, he'll be some player.

Comfortably one of our best players.

Moyes mouthed the words "for fcuks sake Drenthe" about 15 minutes from the end.

I think we can safely say he's heading back whence he came as soon as the season ends.

Stay on your feet lad, and stop the petulance when a player goes past. The ref had just given a free kick against Fellaini when he had ran around a player in a circle and nicked the ball, then 20 secs later Royston is grabbing someone as they go past... instant whistle.

It's games like today that will stop us from even attempting to sign him...... and others from too.

Status
Not open for further replies.