2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think much will come down to who the new manager is over there, players seem to want Poch (really not sure he is the right choice imo) and the board seem to be leaning towards Ten Haag.
Yes, good point.
Whoever comes in there will want to evaluate all the players at his disposal. Naturally if its Ten Haag, DVB will be first name on the sheetl

he is the type of employee that our club needs.... not footballer but employee. Similar character to what we see in lampard - a professional who demands the most from himself and those around him,

no sentimental nonsense or long lasting ties to the club..... just a hunger to win. He will be raising the standards in training by 3 fold just based on the accuracy and efficiency he moves the ball, you can see he loves Gordon.

There will be a feeling among the likes of Gomes, Iwobi, Holgate, Pickford etc etc "oh.... this is what we needed to be like - I cant get away with half efforts now"

Just watched his match highlights reel on YouTube, no problem receiving the ball under pressure and his vision to find a blue shirt is so refreshing after what we’ve had to put up with. Always looking for a forward pass too, and to think he has goals to add yet too, he’s looking like the real deal
judging by the way he celebrated each goal on Saturday, I reckon when he scores for us he's gonna go full on Temur Ketsbaia when he scored for Newcastle

Okay we may have to return him to MU but we will be well satisfied playing like that in the games left. Help get us away from the lower levels of the league and mid to upper mid or higher in the PL. That will do us very nicely then we have the summer transfer season to do a bit of sorting.

Would obviously love for him to have a great season and stay here, but that won't happen. Without the purchase clause he'll be snapped up by one of the big European Clubs. Really hope I'm wrong and he forces through a move to us, but this is Everton.

Okay we may have to return him to MU but we will be well satisfied playing like that in the games left. Help get us away from the lower levels of the league and mid to upper mid or higher in the PL. That will do us very nicely then we have the summer transfer season to do a bit of sorting.
You never know, if he doesn’t want to go back, Man U won’t be bothered / able to stand in his way. A few more performances like Sat (both team and fans) and the prospect of really being competitive and he might see a future with us.

I wonder if Rangnick will actually stay on as an advisor or director after this season, and if so how much say will he have. That would potentially impact how Donny feels about going back to Man United. I'm guessing Donny saw that as reset when Rangnick came in, and then the disappointment must have been even worse when he kept not getting picked. I suppose it will be up to the new coach at the end of the day, but even if Donny is able to help keep us up and show everyone at the club the standard we need to be looking for in a CM, then I'll be happy. Let's hope he keeps it up, he's easy to cheer for.

he is the type of employee that our club needs.... not footballer but employee. Similar character to what we see in lampard - a professional who demands the most from himself and those around him,

no sentimental nonsense or long lasting ties to the club..... just a hunger to win. He will be raising the standards in training by 3 fold just based on the accuracy and efficiency he moves the ball, you can see he loves Gordon.

There will be a feeling among the likes of Gomes, Iwobi, Holgate, Pickford etc etc "oh.... this is what we needed to be like - I cant get away with half efforts now"

That's what a new signing, coach, manager is supposed to be like, finally! and yes really hope it raises standards of existing players, because it's far better than overhauling the squad.

Can remember well with VDB and De Ligt, and De jong I think were new stars for Ajax & Holland and suddenly looked like those teams would consistently improve.

Would obviously love for him to have a great season and stay here, but that won't happen. Without the purchase clause he'll be snapped up by one of the big European Clubs. Really hope I'm wrong and he forces through a move to us, but this is Everton.
If he continues to do well for us, hopefully the big clubs will just think "it's probably easy for him to stand out for Everton as they're crap". Fair, to be honest, as Allan hasn't been up to much this season and Gomes is crap. What I mean to say is that big clubs might overlook him as he isn't performing at a bigger club, which could be to our advantage. They may remember the lad who constantly kept getting overlooked at United.

Really hope that is the case, if he does give us a great few months to the end of the season. Probably good that it's not the full season for them to base their decision on.

Just watched his match highlights reel on YouTube, no problem receiving the ball under pressure and his vision to find a blue shirt is so refreshing after what we’ve had to put up with. Always looking for a forward pass too, and to think he has goals to add yet too, he’s looking like the real deal

Exactly this - massive upgrade in the CM department.

Status
Not open for further replies.