Confirmed Signing Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
This signing probably indicates Lampard is thinking of a midfield three. There’s just no way in the world VdB can play in a two especially as we don’t have a defensive mid.

He’s a link player who likes to get on the end of stuff in the box. I’m hoping we don’t do what we did with Klaasen and try and play him as a deep lying midfield dictator.

This hopefully helps solve how the ball gets to the strikers now, but still issues for me on how we move it through midfield. The centrebacks can’t pass and there’s not a deep lying midfielder who can create.

He looked very impressive as a DM for Ajax.

We have a left back, we even have central defenders, we have a midfield that doesn’t work so puts pressure on the defence and does precious little to aid the attack…..
We need a midfield with a good pass and good offensive timing, I state that I don't now which type of midfielder is VDB but I hope that if Lampard wanted him there is a reason

I honestly don't understand this transfer, we needed a central defender and a left-back.
Not a midfielder
Doucore is out for a month. The less than stellar cover of Tom Davies and Fabian Delph are also out injured. We're down to pitching teenagers with little to no first team minutes into a PL relegation battle.

If a midfielder considered good enough is available and within reach then we need him.

I'm actually quite happy about this, really need bodies in midfield and he is actually good at retaining possession in there.

He wouldn't have worked at all - AT ALL - in Benitez's system where the '10' needed to be a ball carrier.

He will work more in Lampard's 433 shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.