2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL is going to be good but not yet. He does pressurize defenders and wins the odd header. He is a target so probably
has to be retained. That said, Niasse will nick a goal from time to time despite terrible ball control.

Also, DCL is living off scraps. No decent centres or quick counter-attacks. Aguero would'nt score in Everton's current set-up let alone DCL.

Ask Lukaku how much Dunc done for him.

Deeney....oh my...has it really come to this.

DCL he's at about the same stage as Kane was for his age. Maybe needs a loan period to start hitting the net regularly.
But let's not write the kid off just yet eh.

Lou - I've not made myself at all clear, so apols - but the main reason I have a gripe with him is perhaps more to do with the fact we're hangin' the kid out to dry really because, simply, he's NOT gonna cut it ATM and start bangin' them in... ergo he is in real danger of becoming very scapegoatish - I reckon a loan away would do him the power of good but that's an impossibility ATM.

Ask LUKAKU what Dunc done for him? Hmmm...not sure if ROM can be compared & classed as hugely improved because he's kinda out on his own really, striker wise, all the natural ability was there already.

DEENEY - I know what yer mean - but oh for a holding striker with a bit of savvy, slow as a cow like but would do a lay off job and weigh in with a few.

This below - it's near NOV 2017 - ROONEY, class as he is, a majority of the fan base suggest he's past it. NIASSE - tenacity in droves...yet was an outcast and deemed a load of old shiz.

And that's pretty much all we have. Will that keep us floatin' & out the rel-zone 'til January?

Doubt it.

Crap innit.
Capture.JPG

He's about the same age as Kane was at his age ? Lol
"Stage"

4 yrs ago at the age of 20 Kane had 4 not very successful loan spells at Orient , Millwall , Norwich & Leicester before becoming a regular for Spurs (got his chance through injuries)
DCL has been thrust straight in as our no 1 striker....not fair on the kid.

Lou - I've not made myself at all clear, so apols - but the main reason I have a gripe with him is perhaps more to do with the fact we're hangin' the kid out to dry really because, simply, he's NOT gonna cut it ATM and start bangin' them in... ergo is in real danger of becoming very scapegoatish - I reckon a loan away would do him the power of good but that's an impossibility ATM.

Ask LUKAKU what Dunc done for him? Hmmm...not sure if ROM can be compared & classed as hugely improved because he's kinda out on his own really, striker wise, all the natural ability was there already.

DEENEY - I know what yer mean - but oh for a holding striker with a bit of savvy, slow as a cow like but would do a lay off job and weigh in with a few.

This below - it's near NOV 2017 - ROONEY, class as he is, a majority of the fan base suggest he's past it. NIASSE - tenacity in droves...yet was an outcast and deemed a load of old shiz.

And that's pretty much all we have. Will that keep us floatin' & out the rel-zone 'til January?

Doubt it.

Crap innit.
View attachment 41632
Yep
We can certainly agree its crap :(

Ask Lukaku how much Dunc done for him.

Deeney....oh my...has it really come to this.

DCL he's at about the same stage as Kane was for his age. Maybe needs a loan period to start hitting the net regularly.
But let's not write the kid off just yet eh.

Kane was an outlier. Excepting everyone to be Kane would be like expecting to win the title with little investment because Leicester won it.

Nah he's more of a james Vaughan has a bit of pace never gives up on balls but just lacks quality obviously the injuries didn't help

...he has to play, only Rooney is an alternative. If we play anybody else, balls knocked long come back.

The Reds don’t have a target man but they have quality, pace and movement in the top third.

Status
Not open for further replies.