2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Sorry to hear about you losing your eyesight, hope it returns soon.
He's right though. Not over Chermiti. He;s way too raw. But DCL is so lacking in threat it hurts.

Beto is a far better presence on the pitch.

I have no idea - other than banking cash - why we released Simms. He's not great but he's more of a handful for defences than DCL who spends most of his time running into channels.

He's right though. Not over Chermiti. He;s way too raw. But DCL is so lacking in threat it hurts.

Beto is a far better presence on the pitch.

I have no idea - other than banking cash - why we released Simms. He's not great but he's more of a handful for defences than DCL who spends most of his time running into channels.
Ah right, it's the Strikers fault, not the shockingly bad manager.

Ah right, it's the Strikers fault, not the shockingly bad manager.

No, not completely.

But I never see intelligent runs from DCL. He's always arcing his runs into safe territory for defences out wide and he cant hold a ball up for support to come onto him. He tries hard and gets the odd goal...but that's not good enough for us.

No, not completely.

But I never see intelligent runs from DCL. He's always arcing his runs into safe territory for defences out wide and he cant hold a ball up for support to come onto him. He tries hard and gets the odd goal...but that's not good enough for us.
I saw him making runs all day yesterday.

Not once did the pass reach him.

I saw him making runs all day yesterday.

Not once did the pass reach him.
He's not even looking like he's wanting to get ahead of the last defender. He should be banging into those defenders and bullying them into making mistakes. Beto does that but then doesn't have the composure to make it pay - but that will come next season, I believe.

….i think DCL is playing in 3rd gear, it happens subconsciously with footballers protecting big muscle injuries.

It happened with James McCarthy. Top form before serious hamstring tear and when he came back he was poor. Then he let the handbrake off in a couple of games (Arsenal, Liverpool) where he was outstanding but the muscle popped again.

I have my doubts he’ll return to the high standards he once hit.

….i think DCL is playing in 3rd gear, it happens subconsciously with footballers protecting big muscle injuries.

It happened with James McCarthy. Top form before serious hamstring tear and when he came back he was poor. Then he let the handbrake off in a couple of games (Arsenal, Liverpool) where he was outstanding but the muscle popped again.

That's a good point.

I think we have a manager who cant motivate a fart in a lift.

All 3 months of it. Disappeared like the xmas decorations the same season that was his high standards season.
He just isnt anywhere near as good as some on this forum paint him out to be. Take those 3 months away 4 years ago and it wouldnt even be debated on here.

8 seasons, 10 different managers have all selected him as our Striker, yet some weirdos on a forum keep telling me he's rubbish.

I shall not be fielding any questions from people who don't watch Everton games.
Interesting, pray tell how many seasons has he started more than 20 of the 38 league matches for those managers? How many seasons has he scored more than 6 goals? He has 12 non-pen goals in the past 3 years and almost half of those were tap-ins.

Interesting, pray tell how many seasons has he started more than 20 of the 38 league matches for those managers? How many seasons has he scored more than 6 goals? He has 12 non-pen goals in the past 3 years and almost half of those were tap-ins.
Hey, maybe we should set up our Striker to score some tap ins then, hey?