2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Thats due to shocking signings since lukaku.
He isnt any better than strikers we've had in even the last 20 years like yakubu saha johnson or even a jelavic. Id play all of them before him.
This threads weird. He's just alright at times. The overhyping is ridiculous.
TBF those strikers you mention played in far better teams for us ....

First, this is an insane stat if true

Second I watched a replay of the goal and I am almost certain muric kicked the ball at Dom whilst he was inside the penalty area and Dom is on the line when he blocks the ball so I don’t think this goal was actually scored outside the box

Watched a video of Harry Kane scoring 30 goals for Bayern yesterday. He scores a cracker from the halfway line, but the other 29 goals are penos and goals inside the area.

I also wish he was KDB, but he's not.

Or Harry Kane.

Watched a video of Harry Kane scoring 30 goals for Bayern yesterday. He scores a cracker from the halfway line, but the other 29 goals are penos and goals inside the area.

I also wish he was KDB, but he's not.

Or Harry Kane.
I would say Harry Kane is one of the best shooters from long range if you look at some of his best goals from spurs they were scored from outside the box including this beauty

Can't remember who I was debating with the other day, but they were saying that Dyche is doing a stand-up job.

Imagine they will be setting off fireworks this morning when they look at the League Table and see that we are 15th.

Second I watched a replay of the goal and I am almost certain muric kicked the ball at Dom whilst he was inside the penalty area and Dom is on the line when he blocks the ball so I don’t think this goal was actually scored outside the box

With most of the stats put on Twitter and whatnot, how many are actually verified? The majority of fans just regurgitate them without checking.

I dont find that stat a concern, one of the best strikers of ll time (Gerd Muller) scored a vats percentage of his goals from the 6 yard box. As long as Dom slots a few between now and the end of the season, he can put them all in from 2” out for all i care :)

Just reading back through some of these posts and it saddens me how many blues can find no joy in anything associated with the club nowadays. I was at the match and it was grim, however, we won! Not only that but we beat one of the clubs battling relegation with us.
Yes, we won by a flukey goal and struggled against a ten man team, so what? We WON! Three point, closer to safety and while the game stunk, the fact that we picked up 3 points against a relegation rival gave me a little happiness.

It doesn't matter if we think the team is good enough, or the manager or the owners (current or future). That is all for the close season, while we are still where we are, none of that will be changed. The only thing that matters until season end is that we pick up points against those below and around us.

Just reading back through some of these posts and it saddens me how many blues can find no joy in anything associated with the club nowadays. I was at the match and it was grim, however, we won! Not only that but we beat one of the clubs battling relegation with us.
Yes, we won by a flukey goal and struggled against a ten man team, so what? We WON! Three point, closer to safety and while the game stunk, the fact that we picked up 3 points against a relegation rival gave me a little happiness.

It doesn't matter if we think the team is good enough, or the manager or the owners (current or future). That is all for the close season, while we are still where we are, none of that will be changed. The only thing that matters until season end is that we pick up points against those below and around us.
Careful mate, you'll get called a 'happy clapper' by some.

Take the positives, innit.

Dom has needed that bit of luck, which in truth I think he needs at times. His best goal scoring under Ancelotti saw a lot of favourable bounces going his way. Ugly goals are goals.

I think Ruud van Nistelrooy only scored one goal from outside the box for Utd.

I dont find that stat a concern, one of the best strikers of ll time (Gerd Muller) scored a vats percentage of his goals from the 6 yard box. As long as Dom slots a few between now and the end of the season, he can put them all in from 2” out for all i care :)
Yeah, plus we're in an age of 'percentages'. Strikers play the ball wide and get in the box far more than they have an actual crack outside the box these days.