2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Only have one year left on his contract next season. Big question of what we do with him. Sell him in the summer or new deal? It’s not an easy decision. He isn’t going to fetch much given he would have a year left and off the back of this season. Do you give him a new contract and then run the risk of having him for another 5 years and not scoring.

Has to be a sell really.

How can you give him a new four year deal based on the last four months? Some teams will be o.k with having him as a back up e.g. Newcastle.

Problem is that is another position where a decent player is needed as Beto simply hasn't lived up to expectations and the others are just raw kids.

Dominic Cantconvert-Lewin.
It can not only be a manager's problem that he is not scoring, but the tactical approach isn't conducive for his style surely.

On the other hand, if you check out, Dyche's Burnley teams still managed every season to have players with around/over 10 goals, despite being terrible at attack.

14/15: Ings 11 goals
16/17: Vockes 10, Gray 9
17/18: Wood 10, Barnes 9
18/19: Barnes 12, Wood 10
19/20: Wood 14, Rodriguez 8
20/21: Wood 12

It can not only be a manager's problem that he is not scoring, but the tactical approach isn't conducive for his style surely.

On the other hand, if you check out, Dyche's Burnley teams still managed every season to have players with around/over 10 goals, despite being terrible at attack.

14/15: Ings 11 goals
16/17: Vockes 10, Gray 9
17/18: Wood 10, Barnes 9
18/19: Barnes 12, Wood 10
19/20: Wood 14, Rodriguez 8
20/21: Wood 12
Had to post this in this thread too!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@nsno-chris

Had to post this in this thread too!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@nsno-chris
Was enough to bowl him. Still waiting for his reply in the other post. :D I was questioning what made 1-2 Burnley strikers score 10 or around 10 goals at least in the majority, obviously, the worse quality than what we have here, playing the same dire style and still at least scoring 10 goals this season that doesn't work here.

Don’t think he’ll want a new contact as he thinks he’s a good striker in a bad side. Problem is only the Barcodes could buy him as a squad player but they’re a bit constrained by FFP. Think we might be stuck with him.

Just watched motd and seen him staring at the floor as Dobbin fired a cross/shot. That is an absolute disgrace and if anyone doesn't understand why he hasn't scored for 20 games, just watch that clip. I personally would never have him in a blue short again.

Don’t think he’ll want a new contact as he thinks he’s a good striker in a bad side. Problem is only the Barcodes could buy him as a squad player but they’re a bit constrained by FFP. Think we might be stuck with him.
Think we may be stuck with him, another one to get shut of, he’s had one decent year, seriously this premier league. Fed of the excuses.

Wasn't even looking as the ball fizzes across the 6 yard box. Don't create chances tho

Top strikers bust a gut to get on the end of any scraps they can. DCL has no hunger to score goals. That along with the fact that he can’t strike through a ball cleanly, adds up to a 5 goal per season striker.

“But we don’t create any chances for him”. He shows no appetite to get on the end of crosses or fashion chances for himself.

👆

Just watched motd and seen him staring at the floor as Dobbin fired a cross/shot. That is an absolute disgrace and if anyone doesn't understand why he hasn't scored for 20 games, just watch that clip. I personally would never have him in a blue short again.
He was pushed if you watch it correctly

Just watched motd and seen him staring at the floor as Dobbin fired a cross/shot. That is an absolute disgrace and if anyone doesn't understand why he hasn't scored for 20 games, just watch that clip. I personally would

I've watched it. There was contact, but as we've seen on numerous occasions this season, his attitude stinks.
I personally feel he is feeding off scraps, Yes he has missed a few but his confidence is shot, but having McNeil and Harrison in the team as your supply line then Haaland would struggle in this team

Only have one year left on his contract next season. Big question of what we do with him. Sell him in the summer or new deal? It’s not an easy decision. He isn’t going to fetch much given he would have a year left and off the back of this season. Do you give him a new contract and then run the risk of having him for another 5 years and not scoring.
Unless he takes a significant wage cut we can't really afford to extend his contract. We shouldn't be paying 6 digit salaries in our position.

I'd be surprised if we could get >10m for him.