2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

He spends most of the game running the channels or winning headers on the halfway line. This is down to how the manager wants us to play.
He sets the team up not to lose. McNeil and Harrison pretty much sit in front of the fullback, this leaves DCL having to work the channels when the ball is hit up top. Dyche needs to keep DCL around the box (where he had his best season) push Harrison and McNeil further up around him.

move to a flat midfield three who can then cover the wide areas infront of the fullbacks. When the ball is won back we then have options in the final third.

The managers style of play is outdated. Nobody plays for draws or to nick a one goal win anymore.

I dont really buy into that but even if i did if an uncouth raw player like beto can have more of an impact with the same players then give me the uncouth raw player.

I dont really buy into that but even if i did if an uncouth raw player like beto can have more of an impact with the same players then give me the uncouth raw player.
How deep did we cross the ball for the Beto goal? We hardly ever get to the byline to cross the ball. That’s because of the way the manager sets us up. Pushing the wingers further forward and not being so rigid and compact would get us more goals.

In the two previous home games, spurs & palace, calvert lewin had 7 shots. Hit the target. 1
Beto in yesterdays game had 5. Hit the target 4 times. Scored 1. Even if you take the pen out he's had better stats than calvert lewin in one game. Im even doing him a favour by not going back any further than the two home games because believe me the stats just get worse. As brutal as beto might be i think its a fair guess over the 22 games calvert lewin has had he wouldnt be anywhere near as abysmal as 0 in 22. Well he isnt. He's already proved that
This he gets 1 chance a game simply isnt true and i dont know where the hell some are getting it from. I hope him getting dropped has the desired effect because the striker who replaced him from the start yesterday had a bigger impact.
So many excuses its untrue.

Personally I don’t know what sport people have been watching their entire lives to think strikers getting 4 or 5 chances every game is normal.

How deep did we cross the ball for the Beto goal? We hardly ever get to the byline to cross the ball. That’s because of the way the manager sets us up. Pushing the wingers further forward and not being so rigid and compact would get us more goals.

But he still finished it. Isnt that the point. Where as you read the comments in this thread and everything has to be put on a plate for calvert lewin.

Stopped reading after these 5 words.

He’s a poor striker that’s had a single purple patch (lasting only about 8 weeks) in his whole career.
This. We were doomed the moment we decided to go for DCL as our main CF and not replace Lukaku. Instead we invested our money in every other position in the team.
To do this and at the same time expect to challenge the top teams was madness.

Back then our team was strong enough in other positions to somehow carry him. Its more and more clear we are no longer able to do this as the overall quality of our squad has fallen dramatically.

As I thought, played the ball on the floor a lot more for Beto which really frustrates me.

Dyche just seems to want to use dcl as a head merchant with no one even running on to the endless headers he wins.

Play like we did Saturday with dom in the team.