2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Yeah i was going to suggest he hasnt done himself any favours in bringing up marcus bent because their goal scoring stats are not exactly a million miles apart. obviously calvert lewin at 27 has a few more years to add to his 64 career goals to bents 97. Though at this rate of 3 so far this season for another 5 years maybe not 😎

It’ll be a photo finish that’s for sure.

Look we're miles apart. You've chosen someone who never scored anywhere on a regular b,asis. There are other players within your time frame who played in a similar system that you've not selected like yakubu or andy johnson. And im probably going to get shot down in flames here but im guessing even marcus bent didnt go 22 games without a goal for Everton.
I dont know why its so inconceivable to accept that calvert lewin just isnt cutting it right now.
He is going through a barren spell, all would agree with that. However, the problem we have is team-wide and not just Dom - that is what you are not acknowledging.

The manager seems clueless in addressing the team's failure in the final third. We have always relied upon goals from across the team; Lukaku being something of an anomaly, but team-wide, we are desperately missing this input.

I do agree that something needs to be done, but it needs to address the issue of a lack of goals across the team. Suggestions to shake things up by playing a center half up top are for the birds.

My take on the situation with Dom is that once he scores, the goals will come from him again, but not at Lukaku levels. He will need to be supported and utilised properly though.

For some, as we have seen on these boards, they will always have an issue with Mr. Calvert-Lewin. For me, I'd like to see all of our lads doing well and will continue to give them my support, including Dom.

He is going through a barren spell, all would agree with that. However, the problem we have is team-wide and not just Dom - that is what you are not acknowledging.

The manager seems clueless in addressing the team's failure in the final third. We have always relied upon goals from across the team; Lukaku being something of an anomaly, but team-wide, we are desperately missing this input.

I do agree that something needs to be done, but it needs to address the issue of a lack of goals across the team. Suggestions to shake things up by playing a center half up top are for the birds.

My take on the situation with Dom is that once he scores, the goals will come from him again, but not at Lukaku levels. He will need to be supported and utilised properly though.

For some, as we have seen on these boards, they will always have an issue with Mr. Calvert-Lewin. For me, I'd like to see all of our lads doing well and will continue to give them my support, including Dom.

Ive acknowledged that numerous times.
0 goals in 22 games however is simply not good enough. 1 shot on target in 17 in the last 5 games is a clear indication and connection to 0 goals in 22 games. I havent looked back any further than the last 5 as i was dreading seeing worse.
We're going round in circles now.
GIve us a goal on sat dom. Just 1. Even marcus bent will celebrate that.

Ive acknowledged that numerous times.
0 goals in 22 games however is simply not good enough. 1 shot on target in 17 in the last 5 games is a clear indication and connection to 0 goals in 22 games. I havent looked back any further than the last 5 as i was dreading seeing worse.
We're going round in circles now.
GIve us a goal on sat dom. Just 1. Even marcus bent will celebrate that.
I am glad that you know that it is a team issue and not just Dom. 👍

The last few times I've seen him play he's simply looked tired. Which is understandable given the problems he had had with injuries and the manager's style wanting him to run the channels more. Could do with a little run out of the side to get some of his freshness back

The last few times I've seen him play he's simply looked tired. Which is understandable given the problems he had had with injuries and the manager's style wanting him to run the channels more. Could do with a little run out of the side to get some of his freshness back
Aye, I suppose taking the pressure off him might help his mind too, but, for me, ultimately, the manager has to find a way to get the best out of these players, which he isn't doing at present. Another run, like the one after the points nonsense was announced, would do us all good.

It's all Ancelotti's fault.

DCL scored 21 & 22 in the seasons Ancelotti was in charge and he's scored just 11 goals since he left.

If we can just persuade Carlo he made a huge mistake by leaving to win the league with Real Madrid and we'll all be happy again.

A short list of players getting more service than Dom:

• Scott McTominay
  • Taiwo Awoniyi
  • John McGinn
  • Chris Wood
  • Alejandro Garnacho
  • Carlton Morris
  • Willian
  • Tomas Soucek
  • Bobby De Cordova Reid
  • Jean Phillipe Mateta
  • Neal Maupay
  • Lyle Foster
  • Oli McBurnie
  • Alex Iwobi
  • Cameron Archer
  • Sean Longstaff
You're all bad blues for expecting him to have scored more goals than the illustrious names on this list.

A short list of players getting more service than Dom:

• Scott McTominay
  • Taiwo Awoniyi
  • John McGinn
  • Chris Wood
  • Alejandro Garnacho
  • Carlton Morris
  • Willian
  • Tomas Soucek
  • Bobby De Cordova Reid
  • Jean Phillipe Mateta
  • Neal Maupay
  • Lyle Foster
  • Oli McBurnie
  • Alex Iwobi
  • Cameron Archer
  • Sean Longstaff
You're all bad blues for expecting him to have scored more goals than the illustrious names on this list.
All those teams have at least one creative midfielder and/or better wingers

All those teams have at least one creative midfielder and/or better wingers
moving-goalposts-goalposts.gif