2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Good post Chico, I'm a big supporter of DCL but he is woefully short on confidence at the moment which was exposed for his big chance which despite a good save he really should have buried.
You're correct in saying when fit and on form he brings so.much to the team but it's not happening at the moment and have we seen enough from Beto to trust him with a start?
It is a quandary for the boss but something which should be at the top of his list as good chances are going begging.
You’d have to say Beto isn’t pushing that case and along with Chermitti that’s an expensive investment that’s not yielding what they’d have upped would safeguard against these times. Mind, still time yet for one or two of them to break into form and Dyche to work a solution with that. Looking at Everton’s next six games we have to hope it happens soon or it could spell a lot of trouble.

Like who?

Who's paying 20/30m for a back up striker that doesn't score and has a terrible injury record?
Christ you've really got it in for him haven't you? We were screaming for the lad to be fit a few years back, relying on Maupay, as we saved our PL future at the last minute. Now we've a full half season out of him, we're miles better off as a team in terms of points secured, but all of a sudden he's now sh** because he's in a bad run of form and we haven't got the bunce to secure a decent back up.

Who would sign him? I don't know, that would depend on the price, wages, etc etc. I do know that if he was good enough to play first choice for Carlo Ancelotti in a semi decent team with decent attacking options, then I think he would be good enough, at least as a squad player for most teams in and around the top half.

Christ you've really got it in for him haven't you? We were screaming for the lad to be fit a few years back, relying on Maupay, as we saved our PL future at the last minute. Now we've a full half season out of him, we're miles better off as a team in terms of points secured, but all of a sudden he's now sh** because he's in a bad run of form and we haven't got the bunce to secure a decent back up.

Who would sign him? I don't know, that would depend on the price, wages, etc etc. I do know that if he was good enough to play first choice for Carlo Ancelotti in a semi decent team with decent attacking options, then I think he would be good enough, at least as a squad player for most teams in and around the top half.
I have ye, because im sick of our fans labeling this guy as some sort of hero because we are picking up a few points despite him being an absolute donkey. If we had a semi decent striker we'd be even further up the league.

I don't actively dislike the feller, certainly not as much as others ( Keane as an example ) but no one rates him anyway, I just don't get how even after what we have got from this feller for 3 years people still think he's the answer.

Edit- you can't answer on who would buy him because no one would, 20/30m+ he'd want big wages ( he must be on at lwAt 70/80k ) and he doesn't score, no one is buying that unless its Saudi team or whatever

Beto got half an hour today and did nothing, he’ll start on Weds and do nothing and get replaced by DCL and then we’re back to square one
Beto got half an hour - he got absolutely zero chances or service as Villa pressed us for most of the 2nd half. Our 'Number 1' forward missed another absolute sitter. If you think Dom puts in a shift and works defenders then our bar is set very low indeed. The missed chances are the same as those Maupay was crucified for last season.

If you think Dom puts in a shift and works defenders then our bar is set very low indeed.
That’s not setting a low bar it’s saying there’s more to the role especially in our set up. Dom does those aspects very well even when he’s not scoring.

No one is arguing he’s in good goal scoring form & he’s never been a clinical striker but you can’t discount everything else he does for the team either.

Last edited:

That’s not setting a low bar it’s saying there’s more to the role especially in our set up. Dom does those aspects very well even when he’s not scoring.

No one is arguing he’s in good goal scoring form & he’s never been a clinical striker but you can’t discount everything else he does for the team either.
This season Dom has not done any aspects of the game well, never mind very well. He's been so poor all round. He constantly mistimes his jumps for headers, misdirects most of the ones he connects with and does that stupid leap to try and chest down a ball that equally never goes where its intended.
I really want him to come good, but he should not be immune from warranted criticism. At the end of the day he's a very ordinary footballer - how we have found ourselves with a player of this type as our main striker is just another reason why we are an absolute car crash of a Club at the minute.

I'm hearing the clothing budget built into his contract has caused the financial irregularities which are seeing us docked points.

Grrrr, subsidised his fashion model career off Everton. Grrrr, hasn't the decency to score goals in return. Grrrr.

This season Dom has not done any aspects of the game well, never mind very well. He's been so poor all round. He constantly mistimes his jumps for headers, misdirects most of the ones he connects with and does that stupid leap to try and chest down a ball that equally never goes where its intended.
I really want him to come good, but he should not be immune from warranted criticism. At the end of the day he's a very ordinary footballer - how we have found ourselves with a player of this type as our main striker is just another reason why we are an absolute car crash of a Club at the minute.
Doucs doesn’t score half his goals without the work Dom does. Nor do others.

Dom draws defenders & creates space for others to play into with his movement. He does this in every game.

With no one to play Doucs role Dom been more isolated. Chasing down the second ball himself half the time.

Fair criticism includes context.