2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I know he should score, but I don't think it's fair not to mention that Emi Martinez is generally really good in those situations and has proved it at the very highest stage.

Would have to see it back, but I was more annoyed that he didn't seek out Doucoure who was running alongside him.
No good centre forward would or should have to pass it to Doucoure.
He just should have scored

Well he's not gonna come out and say that he bottled it, needs to shave his hair off and put his laces through it

?

2560.jpg

I agree with you mate, I do think he's resting on his laurels and I do think the fact that Dyche is playing him week in week out regardless has something to do with that. I'd drop him for a game or two. Watch him suddenly train harder and play with that aggression again and he'd be back in the starting line up in no time.

However I don't think he is in a god awful run of form.

Easy to forget he had what was a perfectly reasonable goal chalked off against Spurs 2 or 3 games ago. That goes in and we win that game and maybe it's a different conversation
Good points raised. My overall assessment of dcl is he's been at the club a good few years now. Had some long term injuries which obviously haven't helped. Mostly when fit not good enough and still dining out on his brief purple patch with Ancellotti. Some over reacted resulting in him being well overrated and overpaid. Now stuck with him because no one would be daft enough to buy him. As it stands he will carry on getting game time because we have no other choice. Would love to see him prove me wrong.

People have the memory of a goldfish. We’re a far better team when he plays. Start Beto for 3 games and we’d see a quick change of opinion.
Exactly! He will start scoring again. We were woeful without him and he does more than score. He normally works his socks off and holds the ball up well. He cant help it if we dont provide anything into the box for him.
Would like to see who all the footballing geniuses would buy with the money we would get for selling him...