2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

always great when your manager doesnt rate the players the DOF signs

Yeah, I'd be getting really concerned at this point that the 3 strikers who have been picked up by the DoF (Maupay, Beto and Chermiti) have a combined total of 4 goals in a season and a half of football.

Still time to turn it around of course as we haven't seen much of Chermiti, but I think the signs are there that he doesn't rate Beto at all.

I'd rake any other starting striker from this league over him.
1705252534462.png

Dom is out of form and I wouldn't trust him to score but we sadly still looked better today the first 63 minutes than after Beto came on.

That's a club problem.
And has been since Lukaku left!
When your first choice CF struggles to score more than 10 a season (if you’re lucky) the team is going to struggle!
Yet another example of woeful recruitment by the club over the last six or seven years!

Needs dropping to the bench, always seems to play better when he's got a point to prove and I think Dyche's neglect of alternatives has him resting on his laurels a little.

I want a striker who can still get motm even when he doesn't score. That's not dcl
Think he can do that, but he isn't right now. When he's holding the ball up well and being a nuisance then he brings others into the game and others bag instead because of how much of a handful he is for centre halves.

However that part of his game has dropped off massively in recent games, the ball just doesn't stick and you can see how that is effecting the entirety of our attacking threat.

Imho drop him for a game or two, give him something to prove and watch how he plays when he's got the bit between his teeth

Think he can do that, but he isn't right now. When he's holding the ball up well and being a nuisance then he brings others into the game and others bag instead because of how much of a handful he is for centre halves.

However that part of his game has dropped off massively in recent games, the ball just doesn't stick and you can see how that is effecting the entirety of our attacking threat.

Imho drop him for a game or two, give him something to prove and watch how he plays when he's got the bit between his teeth
Agree with most of what you say. The problem though is not just letting the ball get away or letting a defender knick it off you. It's how you react. Can either let it go until the next time or be more aggressive and try win it back. Not trying hard enough is a choice nowt to do with ability or form.

I know he should score, but I don't think it's fair not to mention that Emi Martinez is generally really good in those situations and has proved it at the very highest stage.

Would have to see it back, but I was more annoyed that he didn't seek out Doucoure who was running alongside him.

Agree with most of what you say. The problem though is not just letting the ball get away or letting a defender knick it off you. It's how you react. Can either let it go until the next time or be more aggressive and try win it back. Not trying hard enough is a choice nowt to do with ability or form.
I agree with you mate, I do think he's resting on his laurels and I do think the fact that Dyche is playing him week in week out regardless has something to do with that. I'd drop him for a game or two. Watch him suddenly train harder and play with that aggression again and he'd be back in the starting line up in no time.

However I don't think he is in a god awful run of form.

Easy to forget he had what was a perfectly reasonable goal chalked off against Spurs 2 or 3 games ago. That goes in and we win that game and maybe it's a different conversation